Introducing Myself

Kelly, welcome to out site. Finding Dr. Rauch was lucky for you. Most of us have gone to dr. after dr. only to be misdiagnosed and/or told all the test results are normal. Dr. Rauch, as you will find, is very knowledgeable in MAV. Did he put you on any meds? Did he suggest the Heal Your Headache Book by Dr. Buckholz or The Migraine Brain by Carolyn Berstein? Both are very good. May I ask you age? You seem to suggest that you feel worse when you are hot or that heat my be a trigger. I am 52 and have had this problem for 3 years and it seems to be related to menopause, you will find that hormones play a big part in MAV for alot of woman. I also feel worse when hot or having hot flashed. I also find that when I feel really off balance the back of my neck is “red hot”. I usually put cold clothe or ice on it and it feels better. It also feels to me like the nerves, etc. in my neck are over heating. Please continue to read the posts on this site, it is full of help, suggestions and sympathy for this crappy condition. There are also threads with questions about MAV answered by Dr. Rauch and Dr. Hain both experts in this field.
Hope this site helps you.
Joan

(NB from admin: this image links to a product this member has found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. More recommended products here. Thanks for your support!)

“Heal Your Headache” “The Migraine Brain”
More recommended books here