IMPORTANT: The new welcome post, expanded site scope and supporting wiki pages to which YOU can contribute

Based on the discussion here.

OK I’ve added a new Category, Support Wiki that will contain a main welcome post and links to several leaves which will mostly be wiki’s for you to contribute to.

The category is currently only visible to users with Trust Level 2 and higher for the time being (most of our active members/veterans) until we are happy to come ‘out of draft’.

Most of the pages are wiki’s so you can add content if you have permission. Please be succinct (this is a mostly a fact base) and uncontroversial, but at the same time make it pleasant to read :). Be careful not to plagiarise (whilst alternatively structured ‘common knowledge’ should be fine) and link to sources as necessary.

If you want to discuss something about the draft, without editing the page, feel free to reply to the posts - i can delete this when we are ready to go with it to tidy things up.

I’ll remain in control of the top structure for now, but have based it largely on @Manatee’s post (thanks!), with ideas from the rest of you.

Let’s see if we can leverage the power of the community! :man_mechanic::man_singer::woman_scientist::woman_technologist::guardsman::policewoman:

I’ll try to be an active editor to clean things up where I feel it’s needed, so please don’t be offended if I edit something. Onwards!

The final step will be to open up these posts to the public and to somehow include a link to the welcome post to the header in nice way.

As you can see, I’ve broadened the scope of the site slightly to reflect the active membership.

Given the conditions are very similar in both presentation, natural history, treatment & challenge I am now declaring this a support forum for SEH too.

Explicitly supporting SEH sufferers without having to argue whether or not it is related to MAV/VM ‘under the hood’ I think is a neat way to side-step controversy, will minimise uncertainty & anxiety amongst the newbs and reduce conflict within our community.

PEACE! :dove: :smoking:

2 Likes

OK I’ve exposed the welcome post, linked it up top and allowed all logged-in users to see the Support Wiki.

I felt there was enough content to go-live … but let’s keep adding content :slight_smile:

Thanks for all contributions and feedback so far.

Oh and if I tidy away your feedback, don’t worry, it means I’ve taken note of it and actioned it.

I’ve gone ahead and clarified the focus of this site on the welcome post by adding the following words, so it’s as clear as can be:

“This is a support forum primarily for sufferers of Vestibular Migraine (VM), Migraine Associated Vertigo (MAV) and Secondary Endolymphatic Hydrops (SEH) - essentially anyone who is suffering chronic dizziness and/or imbalance with migraines, though we welcome those suffering from other inner ear and vestibular conditions.”

1 Like