Importance of exercise for chronic migraine

https://themighty.com/2017/06/movement-physical-activity-help-chronic-vestibular-migraine/

3 Likes

Where do you keeping finding them? Haven’t studied it yet but just wanted to note, before my Ipad ‘dies’ on me completely, I was astonished to read very recently that “people diagnosed with ‘vestibular neuritis’ are able to run much better than they can walk”! Helen

1 Like

exactly my experience. I have my theories why …

1 Like

Sure proves I never had vestibular neuritis! I never was a jogger but pre-MAV I could at least run for a bus. No more. Helen

1 Like

I’m not sure that condition even exists, no-one is ever observed to have a viral infection deep in the inner ear in vivo (it’s impossible).

You are supposed to refer to it as ‘acute peripheral vestibulopathy’ these days which is clearly a much safer diagnosis because it doesn’t assume an unobservable cause.

And I’ve only just learnt how to spell ‘vestibular neuritis’. Helen

3 Likes

What a fantastic read @GetBetter!! Funny I went to the gym today after a couple of months off with MAV! I felt awful when I got home but I wont let that put me off - ease back in slowly I believe is the key?!

Thanks again! Im typing this with a massive smile on my face as the gym is too my happy place!:+1::heart:

2 Likes

Helen, I follow folks with vestibular migraine on Instagram.

2 Likes

Well, there’s brave as my Welsh friends would say. Just as well you do cos I wouldn’t know where to start with that one! Helen

2 Likes