Imbalance, Vertigo, Dizziness - Different types of vestibular symptoms

Ok, thatā€™s good to know. Legit as soon as I start doing the excursuses I feel sinus pain nd like Iā€™m in a full on earthquake

1 Like

Absolutely! I remember it very well. Every time I would do those exercises, I was told by my therapist that I was rock solid, not moving.
However, I felt like I was thrashing around like a fish out of water!

Ok, thank you SO much for saying this. Like, I am. legitimately just standing on one leg with my eyes closed but in my head, I am surfing an earthquake and the ground is rising. Was it really the same for you?

1 Like

100%! I cried for the first 3 weeks of VRT, every single time. However, once I realized that I was legitimately not thrashing aroundā€¦ I learned how to just ā€œride the wavesā€ of that awful feeling. You will too, just give it time. All of those feelings are perfectly ā€œnormalā€ for us MAVā€™ers.

1 Like

Okay, you feel like you are the one moving though. Terrible. This disease sucks.

1 Like

I certainly did for all that time. Really couldnā€™t believe it when it started. I;d been to a restaurant meal (huge triggers) then had 8 day attack in bed unable to,stand, got up eventually, feeling about 50% as long as I didnā€™t bend/move my head. Then probably two days later got up one morning and noticed I was dizzy, inside, sort of deep down. Really couldnā€™t understand it. I never contacted the doctor even for two months. Couldnā€™t believe people could be dizzy all the time so woke up every morning hoping it had stopped but of course it never did. Not until years later, after MAV diagnosis and years of meds. Helen

I have gotten to the point of feeling good, just to regress again. With me, i think this is going to be a two step forward, one step back for a while. Somedays three steps back.

1 Like

The only time Iā€™ve had vertigo is following large ingestion of wheat (gluten) bread. Iā€™ve been off gluten for many years. I decided to ā€œtest the watersā€ twice in the past years. Both times brought about the characteristic internal in-my-head spinning. Yeah, itā€™s scary stuff. Enough to keep me off gluten for the rest of my life, if need be.

The wooziness, imbalance, falls, visual scotomaā€™s all attributed to the VM.

1 Like

Guys I am having the weirdest symptom and i have no clue if itā€™s VM or something more sinister: the back of my tongue, and my throat is having like prickling thatā€™s super painful. You know that candy that you can get as a kid that crackles in your mouth? As if I ingested 400 of those. Anyone experience this?

1 Like

,I donā€™t think youā€™ll find it on a symptom list for MAV. ā€˜Mouth painā€™ is listed very near the top of a Side Effects for Amitriptyline Iā€™ve just checked though.
https://www.drugs.com/amitriptyline.html