Ibuprofen - URGENT Q

Hi all,

I went off ibuprofen 4 years ago when my first ear/ vertigo hit. I was having tinnitus and I had read that Ibuprofen can exacerbate tinnitus. But I am in TMJ agony (that always lasts 3 full days) and nothing else is working. Does anyone hear have tinnitus and take ibuprofen? I’m hoping because the tinnitus is MAV-related, that it’s not structural somehow, that ibuprofen is not a risk. Anyone done any research on this? Thanks!

Desperately yours,

Shazam

i took ibruprofen the night before i got my first tinnitus…don’t know the correlation…have taken inbruprofen afterwards and made no change to tinnitus…talk to an ENT if you are concerned and ask for a tinnitus safe painkiller, if there is one ? what about acetaminophen ?

Tylenol is like shooting a water pistol to put out a bonfire, for me anyway. It’s all about inflammation. I’m on 60mg of Prednisone but didn’t take it early enough and now my TMJ is in its full brutality :frowning:

Wow prednisone for TMJ !!!

you can ask for diclofenac, it is a prescription pain killer with a different pharamcology than ibruprofen !

Hey prednisone works for VM as well , probbaly you dont need that considering your last success post.