How do people spend there days?

For the first few months I had this really bad I spent almost everyday in bed with the hopeless feelings you are talking about. I could not walk, move, or do anything with out the rocking , wav like symptoms all day. Plus at the time I was having very severe headaches on top of that.

After I read “Heal Your Headache” and started on the diet modification, the change of lifestyle, some therapy and just trying to get myself mentally aware of what was going on I started to feel better. Plus the small dose of Valium I take has helped.

(NB from admin: this image links to a product this member has found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!)

I have been out of work since July of last year and lost my job in January due to this condition.

A lot of the triggers I think I had were due to the lights( extremely sensitive to florescent), smells, ie perfumes chemicals and such and I have removed all of those from my environment. When I do now go to the grocery store it is during off peak hours, I have a mask I wear if in crowded places so as not to be exposed to the smells, my tv is always on but I do not watch it just listen and glance if something of interest is on. I can not watch really fast paced shows, that seems to bother me.

What has worked for me is staying on a strict diet, staying on a strict sleep schedule, being as informed as possible but trying not to over analysis this or it will drive you crazy.

I have learned I have limitations and that is something I may have to live with, I do try to get some exercise but not too much as that will kick this back into high gear.

There are people I used to associate with that I do not anymore because they do not understand and I find myself getting frustrated always feeling like I had to explain myself.

My Aunt recently had her 90 birthday party which I did not attend because of the number of people that were going to be there and the fear of the perfume and other scents that would have been present. While many may not understand that I did not apologize as I have to do what is best for me I have come too far to have one little thing turn all that around.

Most of my days are spent in a quiet setting, doing a bit of house work, taking care of bills and such, some computer work and going out when needed. Not a lot but that is what works for me.

I have my family and I have determined that I know longer sweat the small stuff , little things are precious and I no longer take anything for granted.

I was at a job I loved for 23 years and now that is over, I miss my friends and talk to them via phone but right now I know I could not be in a fasted pace environment with stress which is a big trigger.

I think everyone with this has to decide what is best for them and what they can live with and how far they want to push it. For me life is very simple now compared to what it was two years ago, but that is okay, maybe someday that will be different in the meantime I remain grateful for what I have and the people I love to surround me.