Head rushes or rushes of adrenaline

Yours sound alot like mine. Mine first happened little morethan 2 month ago playing a computer game and felt something creeping up on my head and bam! Felt a spinning sensation for like 1 sec and i kind of panicked and dropped to the floor to regain balance. I dont think i fell, i think it was a natural reaction. I brushed it off and tried to play again but couldnt because it was making me naseaus.

After seeing several docs about my ear this, ear that it happened again couple weeks later after the 1st incident. I was knocked out meclizine and when i woek up, my arm was dead because i must of slept on it. I waited for the blood to come back to the left arm and when it did, i got hit by another spinning sensation but i was so drowsy from meclizine i didnt mind and went back to bed.

Weirdest thing for me is i think the wobbly or imbalance symptoms gets worse at night? Not sure. The only thing that is freaky is when im trying to sleep. I close my eyes and lot of times its a constant rocking or sort of a falling sensation in the head. The back of the head sometimes feels like a brick. Sometimes there is pressure on my forehead and top of the nose area. When i enter that zone when im about to fall asleep, either a big rocking or perhaps a zap wakes me up preventing me of falling a sleep. It feels loke there is a lot more of brain activity going on when im trying to sleep. I think today even my jaw was vibrating for a few sec. I think it started doing this maybe 1.5 weeks ago. When i take nanex, it feels like its calming all the nerves and dont feel it and i knock out.

Are you saying that most or all MAV comes from the inner ear fluids?

My personal theory which Iā€™ve documented elsewhere in detail is that MAV is the result of some imbalance in the fluids of the inner ear, possibly Secondary Endolymphatic Hydrops. It stands to reason: they have identical symptoms and Iā€™ve been separately diagnosed with one or other of these conditions. In my case I acquired it through injury but it may also be possible to acquire it in other ways. As it happens they now have mounting hi-res MRI evidence of Hydrops in the ears of some MAV sufferers.

Itā€™s also clear you donā€™t get migraines for no reason and issues with the senses including the instability of the inner ear raise your allostatic load significantly. I never had regular migraines before I injured my ear.

NB SEH is NOT the same as Menieres.

Sounds like you need to go to a vestibular therapist to get properly diagnosed and treated. Iā€™'m looking at a July appointmentā€¦hate waiting, but thatā€™s a rare specialty. My neurotologist also could not induce nystagmus but he said he didnā€™t have the right chair for that (to get my head into the correct position), and so gave me the referral. Side note: I still did get dizzy with the head movement he did, but just not room-spinning dizzy.

Hi

Some neurologists do say the strangest things. If the time limitations are really that strict, I do wish that neurologist would tell my migraine vertigo. I really do. Perhaps he meant to say 2-72 hours and/or more than 3 years+. And he forgot. And ā€˜if itā€™s very distinctā€™ how come itā€™s so difficult for them all to diagnose. Think symptoms change regularly which must make diagnosis difficult. I had 72 hour attacks for about 10 years, then they started lasting 8 days and eventually just continuous vertigo for years, and on this forum Iā€™m certainly not alone in that. I donā€™t think such rigid thinking as that neurologist had was very helpful at all.

To be serious totally can you explain your definition of ā€˜dizzinessā€™. Are yr attacks dizziness or vertigo? To be vertigo they must involve either self or the environment moving, rotarily. MAV does morph constantly but your symptoms are very different from mine and I do think mine is MAV. Iā€™d go get another opinion if you possibly can. I think alot of the symptom variation must be because the MAV umbrella, which letā€™s face it, is a bit of a wastepaper basket diagnosis ends up covering alot of difference balance related conditions and yours might just be another.