Have confidence that you can get 99%!

Hi Barb
Thanks for that. It was Becks who is on Prothiaden like you, have you seen her latest post after her visit to Prof Luxon in London?
http://mvertigo.cloudapp.net/t/prothiaden-not-a-drug-to-treat-migraine/4808
I am sure you would disagree that Prothiaden is not used for migraine. I will keep on the nori for the time being but definitely keep in mind what you said if it doesnā€™t work or if I get too many side effects.
Thanks x

Jem I also experienced a racing heart and shocking anxiety which Iā€™m not usually prone to with Nori. Iā€™m glad that side effect has subsided for you. My next trial is going to be Topomax I think. I will leave it in my Doctors hands. Iā€™m willing to give anything a go at this point and am no longer frightened about potential side. effects.
Kylie

Hi Kylie, yes I am with you on that. At the beginning drugs all scared me but 3.5 years down the line I will try anything. You may have read about my recent appt with Dr Silver and I will be starting two more meds soon. Worried about being on 3 at once but got to try it. I wish you luck with Topamax if you do go on it. I have heard good things about it, the only thing that put me off was when I heard it can give you kidney stones?? Are you seeing a good neuro for MAV? X

Wow I couldnā€™t imagine handling three medications! My poor old brain would have a fit if I attempted that. I also wonder why your doctor hasnā€™t encouraged you to increase your Nori since you are doing so well with it. Well let us know how you go with the meds and I really hope you can tolerate all three.

I know, I am a bit scared but guess I got to do it and see. I will update on how it goes and I wish you success with your meds too x

My understanding is we (Topamaxers) donā€™t have to worry about kidney stones if we stay well hydrated. So I keep a glass of ice water near me when Iā€™m at home and a bottle of water in my backpack when Iā€™m going to be out for an extended period of time. Itā€™s a good habit anyway for all migraineurs, as even slight dehydration isnā€™t good for a migraine brain.

My word-finding problem is limited to words I seldom use. Not a big deal.

Maryalice

I saw a supplement at the health food store called ā€œStone Freeā€ maybe Topamaxers should look into that? Not sure if iHerb has it but they may have something similar.

K

Bumping this so current users are aware of this old post and that Iā€™ve moved it to the Success Stories & Positivity category.

2 Likes

Noticed kathyG in this thread. If you can find it sheā€™s another success story, four yrs on 240mg Propranolol but completely off it when she wrote her ā€˜successā€™ post, if memory serves. Helen.

1 Like

Already in the Category, no? Scroll down (Click on the Category name to get the Category view)

This one?

https://www.mvertigo.org/t/hello-again/8120?u=turnitaround

I just responded thinking it was recent :joy: either way needed to c that today so thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same person but not the post I remember. That one was ALL positivity - itā€™s all behind me type - and definitely mentioned 240mg PP and ā€˜itā€™s bn 4 years, and now off meds. Know Iā€™ve tried to re-find it before and failed. Will keep an eye out.

1 Like

Donā€™t worry @Amylouise the old guard sometimes pop back, itā€™s always worth a shot, :slight_smile:

1 Like

It you find it feel free to change the category. As Regular you are granted that power :slight_smile: :fist_right::boom: