First flight since MAV

I wanted to try to provide a little reassurance for anyone (like me) who has been dreading flying since being diagnosed with MAV. I took two short flights last week. I was very worried about flying due to the sudden changes in pressure. I used earplanes and took some cinnarizine before the flights. I’m not sure if either of those were needed, but it did give me a bit of reassurance. Everything about the flight was absolutely fine*

I did feel more off balance the day after I returned, but this was - I think - because I was tired from having a long day due to the travelling, and another day or two later I was better again. I found managing the queues etc at the airport ok as well, and not really any worse than having to manage usual day-to-day life.

*Apart from the bit where I hold the plane up in the sky using my willpower for the whole flight, cos I’m so scared of flying, but that was no different than any other flight in my life.

Thanks for posting…what a big relief. I am flying to Maryland in October and I have been wondering how it would affect me. Now I won’t be stressed out…

My first flights since MAV were on 7/4 and 7/8: 3 hour and 4 hour flights, 7 hours each day, not counting airport waits. No drugs, no nausea or headaches, despite changeable weather. I feel pretty lucky!