First 30 minutes of the day dizzy free

Not surprising I suppose. ā€˜Ourā€™ MAV we agree is hormonal, somehow, and we are level pegging in all respects except I donā€™t get the headache like you. I think weā€™ve got same condition, whatever that thing is. Seems more we discuss it, more similarities we find. Sisters under the skin obviously! Helen

Similar to my experience. I would get up and feel worse all morning. By afternoon I would start to feel a bit better. Almost as if you were ā€˜relearningā€™ your balance. It might also have to do with position and later metabolism for some.

I suspect lying down is bad for symptoms. And 6-8 hours of it especially bad, but what you can you do? You need sleep!

2 Likes

ā€˜You need sleepā€™. As @turnitaround says. You sure do with MAV. Lack of sleep really winds it up. I find you do need to go to bed to sleep too. I was once told by my GP not to go to bed but to sleep sitting up on a chair when I had vertigo. Not to lie down at all until it was gone. One night of that was enough. Then when I broke my shoulder with chronic MAV it was fixed by immobilisation (suspended in a sling which was supposedly kept totally immobile for six weeks). So yet again I was told to sleep sitting upright until it was fixed. Best not to go to bed. Best sit upright on a chair! Best for whom? That lasted one long sleepless night too. Maybe itā€™s just me. Iā€™ve yet to master the art of sleeping sitting upright. Helen

1 Like

Your " failed" med regime is almost identical to mine apart from Gabapentin which i still take along with Effexor and Botox treatmentā€¦all 3 of those have saved my sanity!

1 Like

Glad to hear thereā€™s some hope after so many med trials :slight_smile:

I too wish Iā€™d been properly diagnosed during my 20 years of episodic migraines (which I didnā€™t identify as migraines at the time) and before chronic migraine arrived. The acute attacks were (and still are) brutal but the in-between times were so sweetly normal. Those were the daysā€¦

No thatā€™s the trouble with MAV diagnosis. If thereā€™s no headache, nobody, medical or otherwise, picks up on the possibility. Iā€™d never have thought of it because I never had headache. Even the rear head pressure didnā€™t seem at all like headache to me. Helen