Eustachian Tube Dysfunction?

I fancy @janb is a six C’s dieter already. I do wonder about ‘ears’. Certainly not a cure, and it’s always feasible there exists another extant ear problem for some, but would it be worth trying a Menieres diet, assuming there are such things in existence. Low sodium and whatever. Just to see if it helped. I don’t suffer with ears but much reduced caffeine certsinly seemed to noticeably reduce my rear head pressure on a day to day basis and even during recent attacks. Worth a try? Helen

1 Like

Thanks James - I shall be buying the swim band it in the next few days.

Before I succumbed to the full blown symptoms of MAV my left ear would pulsate after eating and drinking red wine - it was doing that for quite a few years but I didn’t realise why then. I do now!

As Helen @Onandon03 has mentioned I am doing the 6 Cs diet already so no wine, cheese, citrus , Chinese food etc but I think I should try to cut down on salt too as my ears definitely played up after I had the ham, tuna and bacon in the same week. Plus I think I am inadvertently ingesting MSG without realising - I didn’t know that MSG could be in granola for instance!
I think I shall re-read HYH - and do a bit more research into ETD and maybe ask for an ENT referral as Dr S suggested.
Jan x

1 Like

It’s definitely worth it in your case Jan because of the perforation. That can’t be healthy for your middle ear in the long term?

Normally I’d recommend being conservative but it’s probably a very simple procedure to get that fixed.

1 Like

As are we all I suspect. Apparently I read it’s virtually impossible to avoid MSG (Oxos actually have added MSG to that which occurs naturally) but if careful it’s possible to reduce intake quite a lot. i’ve seen actual MSG reduction diets somewhere on the internet. Personally I’ve found lowering an already low salt diet still further beneficial with pressure. Helen

1 Like