Dr. Visits tips and tricks

Personally, I use Theraspecs which helps me with the florescent lights. From what I notice without the glasses on; the longer I have MAV and more my brain “calms down” I’m able to prolong how long I don’t need to have the glasses on while under florescent lights, but the duration of adding more time (healing) without needing the glasses on is long. I can’t quantify how long is long, but when I had a very bad relapse in March 2018 I couldn’t be under florescents at all without the glasses. Now without the glasses I can endure 15~ mins or so, but I tend not to push my luck.
As James above said, also get exposure but don’t overdo it; you will learn your limits and your limits will extend too over time.

As an FYI, I only use them for stores and when I was working so my brain was continually compensating outside of those structures. At home, I never use them. They’re a good aid, but you also want to still train your brain.

(NB from admin: these images link to products members have found helpful and at the same time help fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. More recommended products here. Thanks for your support!)

Theraspecs (US) WearOver Theraspecs (US)
More relevant eyewear here
4 Likes