Does anyone know where to find migraine glasses in US?

Pam, I don’t think anyone mentioned a screen for the computer specifically. We are talking about special glasses or coatings for existing glasses that claim to help prevent the wearer from getting migraines. There are two specifically–a company in the US called Axion and one in the UK called MigraLens (of that might just be the name of their product).

Both work on similar ideas. There have been studies that suggest that migrainers who are triggered by light are susceptible to specific light frequencies. So they filter out certain frequencies to try and prevent the migraines. The Axion glasses are rose-tinted. I’m not sure which frequency this is filtering. The Migralens glasses are green-tinted, which filters out the extreme-edges of the visible light spectrum.

I went with the Migralens, only because I hadn’t heard of Axion. Now that i’ve heard of Axion, they actually make more sense, because my mom’s migraines were always triggered by green computer screens back in the day, so I think the rose-tint makes more sense than the green. That being said, the Migralenses DID help me a ton. I had two pair–a regular sunglass pair and an over-glasses pair that I used on my computer. When I would feel my symptoms coming on in public I’d slap on the sunglass pair and I got symptom relief 100% of the time. Without fail. But regular sunglasses might have done the same. And the over-glasses helped me use the computer for hours on end with a fraction of the symptoms I normally had. Again, I have no idea if regular sunglasses would have worked–I was so desperate that I just decided to sink the $100 in to try them out and when they seemed to work I picked up another pair. Yeah it was probably foolish to try them without just trying regular sunglasses, but I didn’t have time to experiment–they worked so I went with them. I don’t think they are trying to rip people off–they genuinely believe their product helps out. I will testify that at worst they are a nice pair of sunglasses!

Do remember that light was my primary trigger. If light isn’t your primary trigger then either of these probably wouldn’t help you out. And neither will help on subliminally strobing things like LED back-lit monitors operating at less than 100% brightness. Those monitors will likely trigger migraines no matter what you put on your eyes unless you cover them with eyepatches. :slight_smile:

These images link to products members have found helpful and at the same time help fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!

| Migralens | Axon Optics (US only) |
|—|—|–|
|||
|More relevant eyewear here|