The Vestibular Migraine & Secondary Hydrops Community
Read our welcome post, user support wiki & visit our member recommended products page

Does anyone get headaches with Redbush/Rooibos tea?

I still drink about 5 cups a day of decaf tea but notice within 30 mins my nose pulsates and i feel dizzy somewhat…i may cut it out altogether…i LOVE tea as well😣
Jo x

Yes, cut it out completely for time being and move to herbal and/or caffeine-free tea.

Roibos/Redbush is a great alternative as is the Spiced Ginger above.

(NB from admin: this image links to a product this member has found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!)

Where can i buy this James?
Jo x

This is just an example from Amazon (click it, but be aware it’s an affiliate link as are most such images on the site in order to support the cost of running it). In the UK you can get Rooibos from most supermarkets. I’m not so sure about the US.

Thanks james
Jo x

More options in UK especially, both of these I consume every day, they are excellent. Vanilla one is really nice on its own, standard Redbush really nice with food, especially breakfast, yum!:

(NB from admin: this image links to a product this member has found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!)

I ordered some of these from amazon. Going to take 2-3 weeks. WHy is all the good stuff in UK? arrgh.

You have the patience of a saint! :wink: that’s slow! :turtle:

Yeah, weird. Complain to Amazon US.

The US equivalents that are as close as possible are the Tick Tock brand, No guarantee that’s as good a recipe though…

THx James. Cancelled the other one and ordered the tick tock. I’ll let you guys know how it is.

Good plan, yes please let me know!

the local stores in the US have great selection of teas. I have not have any caffeine for like 3 months. I drink chamomille, lavender, mint, ginger, and I found recently Oatly, and I love it, now I can put a little “milk” in my tea. https://us.oatly.com/

And i will get the Red Bush and give it a try with my brekkie🙂
Jo x

Oh we have that in the UK as well! :slight_smile:

Brilliant suggestion actually, thank you!

I love it!!!

I work hard on these affiliate links. It’s often nightmare to get a link that has an equivalent on each side of the pond!

you are doing a great job and we love you for that! :slight_smile:

Haha, thanks!

Sorry Beth for late response, don’t know how I missed your post, have no problems now … must have not been related and ‘confirmation bias’. Rooibos gets the full thumbs up from me now! And thank goodness really. Means we can have something very close to Chinese Black tea without any of the caffeine. Marvellous!

Glad the rooibos works for you after all, James. Had to have a smile to see that Tetely makes bush tea on your side of the pond - Tetley’s is my favorite cuppa when I (have visitors and) indulge in real tea!
Bush tea is available here in with all manner of added flavours…from cookies and cream , or mocha something or other to Chamomile. The only ones I like, apart from the regular are the vanilla and Chamomile at bed time.

Oh yum! Googled it, this one?:

Cookies & Cream … Tea!
More recommended teas here

Yes I think Tetley is just playing the brand game and perhaps realised it needed a product in this space. I’m sure the tea is probably from a well known supplier!