Do you feel better immediately after eating a meal?

Do your symptoms feel better immediately after eating a meal? Anyone know the reason for this?

Hi,

I generally feel better (it never completely goes away) after eating lunchā€¦as long as I havenā€™t eaten a trigger. I always feel worse in the morning for some reason and better after say, 4pm. I am not sure why eitherā€¦but would love to know.

Jeanette

Exactly the same with me, Jeanette: the worst (definitely) in the mornings and better as the evening draws nearer ā€“ but never perfect. Also, I do feel a little better after eating. Like you, I have no idea why.

Thats interesting, I actually always feel better immediately after waking up in the morning, after a good nights sleep! I feel worse throughout the day as I tackle things.

1 Like

Yes I get this also. I find if Iā€™m hungry I get pressure/heaviness over the brisge of my nose and in the left side of my face and teeth and when I eat it tends to go away or lessen. I donā€™t know whether it is because there is a link between seretonin and insulin. I also feel better in the morning, my symptoms seem a lot clamer although not entirely gone. I also get the same effect from having a nap in the afternoon. Iā€™m trying a ketogenic diet for my migraine to see if this helps though itā€™s hard going to follow.

I almost always feel WORSE after eating a meal. No idea why, or if itā€™s significant ā€¦

I find Iā€™m no longer conscious of hunger unless Iā€™m verry hungry. So needing to eat masquerades as malaise,and eating restores me.
Except when felt hunger actually stands in for fatigue or anxiety. Hah!
But this doesnā€™t change the fact that eating restores me, at least temporarily, except when I eat foolishly.

When my gutā€™s a mess, though, I have to be real careful of what and how I eat, or eating will be a source of pain and queasiness.

Old thread that I thought I would revive. I always feel pretty yukky in the mornings and better as the day progressesā€¦ specifically after lunch. Seems within an hour of eating lunch is my ā€œturning pointā€ typically. Of course, every day is a new mystery! Psā€¦ I do not have blood sugar issues.

1 Like

Iā€™m the opposite. I tend to feel better in the morning and worse as the day goes on. It makes it tough to do things in the evening. I used to feel worse after eating but Iā€™ve gotten a lot stricter with my diet so thatā€™s not really an issue anymore.

1 Like

MAV does vary constantly, through the day, through the week, over time. All consistent things about it is itā€™s inconsistent. If you are medicated bear in mind most drugs work better when there is food in the gut. Many drugs gave alot better working on protein. Propranololā€™s performance can increase 50% working on protein. Iā€™ve both read and proven that personally. Many antidepressants are much the same. Some drugs tend to give a ā€˜hangoverā€™ effect and leave people drowsy in the mornings. More protein first thing could help. Helen

1 Like

When I was very sick Iā€™d wake up feeling variably off and would improve during day.

1 Like

Generally, I feel better in the morningsā€¦better after eating a meal, and more woozy by late afternoons. But then again - sometimes I have little spins from the time I wakeā€¦nothing so constant as inconsistency with this!!! I do not have blood sugar issues - I test frequently because of family hisotries.

2 Likes

My migraine is best in the morning and gets worse and worse as the day goes on. Meals always give me a temporary bit of relief for half an hour or so, too.

Angela Stantonā€™s book has a whole lot to say about the link between glucose and migraines. I know mine have major metabolic components.

1 Like

Very interesting! I had not heard of her bookā€¦ did you try her protocol?

Yes, and it makes a big difference.

1 Like

@MissMigraine.

1 Like

I have breakfast, then at 10:30 i start to get headache and feel dizzy so i eat toast, which makes me feel better. I then eat again the next time i start to feel ill and it subsides. I eat 4 small meals a day rather than the usual 3 because of this, and eat more often than i used to. Does ayone else feel better after eating? Any ideas why this happens?

1 Like

Not something Iā€™ve experienced personally. Iā€™d have to say I donā€™t consider it a typical VM/MAV and would have said it must surely be related to metabolism, maybe insulin or something that would indicate presence of some other condition. However, recalling a previous thread on the same subject, I used the Search facility to find it (itā€™s always worth doing this before creating a new thread, thereā€™s a relevant wealth of information on here) and it seems it can have links to insulin and according to a book by Angela Stanton can have links to MAV. Iā€™ll bump the thread up and maybe you can pick it up from there. Helen

1 Like

Yeah, in my experience MAV is interlinked with metabolism for sure. Iā€™d expect you to feel worse after eating due to heightened blood sugar levels but better after toast? Donā€™t knowā€¦

1 Like