Dizzy for 5 months, not diagnosed yet

Hi, you probably know this–but there are many other common triggers you might want to try eliminating to see if it helps you. So far, I’ve just been using the diet to manage this and I’ve had some success. (I am hungry and so craving a nice Chicken Francaise, but that is another story!!) There are a ton of common triggers, some include:

Aspartame (NutraSweet found in Diet Soda)
Citrus fruits and juices
All NUTS (I really miss peanut butter–but I may try it this week or next to see if adding it back in has any impact)
Bananas (I have yet to give bananas up–they are allowed on my doctor’s list but not on the Heal Your Headache book list–which is what most people follow)
All aged Cheese (American cheese is okay to eat, as well as cottage and ricotta cheese)
Nitrates (commonly found in lunch meat, bacon, etc.)
MSG–in almost anything processed

This is not the complete list–but you get the gist.

The Heal Your Headache book suggests eliminating EVERYTHING for at least 3 months and then start re introducing foods one at a time. My doctor does not like that approach–he suggests taking this out one at time for two weeks. I’ve actually done a combo of the approaches. I have eliminating MOST and have taken out 1 at a time some of my favorites. However, I have yet to introduce anything back in–so I have mostly gone against my Dr.'s wishes.

Just “food for thought” (HAHA) for you! Good luck!

(NB from admin: these images link to a products this member has found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!)