Diuretics anyone?

Has anyone had success with adding diuretics for MAV?

Personally I always associate diuretics with Menieres and Heart disease. Might be worth you using Search on this forum because there’s quite a bit of archive material may help you if you haven’t already seen it. Doesn’t seem to be favoured by Dr Hain. Helen

1 Like

At least both myself (a thiazide) and @Young_Lee (Diamox) have tried them but without much success I believe.

I would focus on drinking lots and lots of water and herbal teas, probably has similar effect?

Nettle tea makes one go to the loo lots more!

2 Likes

I read somewhere recently they are adding them to topiramate to increase its potency. From what I’ve read of topiramate, not too sure whether that’s a good thing or not. Depends on where you stand I suppose. That is if you can stand of course! Helen

1 Like

Thanks all! Strangely, since my vertigo started I crave water and keep a large Tervis filled at all times. Definitely not dehydrated :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you do try them, be sure to maintain that or even up your water intake as they of course will dry your system out if you don’t :).

1 Like

Expect to go the bathroom alot. LIke every 30 mins. That could of been drinking lot of water though.

1 Like