Did Gabapentin make me worse?

So this latest relapse was not as bad as the one that had me off work for 11 months. However, I wanted to nip it in the bud so I saw the GP who sent me to the Neuro who put me on Gabapentin. I started with the 100mg at night, then in 3 days took it in the morning too. Lasted 3 days at that level before had to go back down.

I couldn’t walk, which is a major part of my exercise. I started to not be able to remember things at work, basic stuff I talk to people about every day. I got depressed and very angry.

Then a friend told me I was glassy eyed, and looked & acted like I was stoned. I cannot work in that condition so I stopped taking it altogether.

Since then I’ve been to work a few days, but now off for 2 days in a row. I swear I am worse off than before I started the gaba! Oh and also, at the beginning of all this, I was taking 5htp. There was no info on the PI sheet or on any site I found, contraindicating taking the two at the same time. WRONG. I had a serotonin ‘seizure’, or whatever they are called, tremors, hands curled up etc. I was alone and in my car when it happened. Luckily I was able to pull over and just have it in a parking lot & not cause a wreck. It ended and I drove home.

I thought it was the 5htp so quit it right away. Maybe it was the gaba?

Has anyone ever had something like this happen before? I have emailed my Neuro, who was out of the office until today, and have an appt with my psychiatrist on the 30th. I just really don’t want to end up off work again, but at the same time am not sure I can handle it. God I am miserable.

Anyone out there have any advice?