Dead from long term antibiotics for "chronic Lyme disease"

A case study describing a 30-year old woman who died from long term use of antibiotics. At autopsy there was no sign of Lyme disease as diagnosed by an LLMD.

[size=130]Death from Inappropriate Therapy for Lyme Disease[/size]
Clinical Infectious Diseases Volume 31, Issue 4Pp. 1107-1109

A 30-year-old woman died as a result of a large Candida parapsilosis septic thrombus located on the tip of a Groshong catheter. The catheter had been in place for 28 months for administration of a 27 month course of intravenous cefotaxime for an unsubstantiated diagnosis of chronic Lyme disease.

http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/31/4/1107.long

S

Whoa.

All in all, I’d prefer a surgical sponge left inside.

There’s two sides to every story and it’s possible since this woman was taking Iv abx that she died from an infection from the pic line. Even so, this is ONE case study with a lot of possibilities going on here.

Do a search for death from this therapy. It’s out there. Long term abx use promotes abx resistance. Some have died form resistant bacterial infections. Using abx long term also promotes resistance in the wider population. It’s bad news.

— Begin quote from “BeautifullyBroken”

There’s two sides to every story .

— End quote

Sure - but sometimes one side deserves 99.99% attention and the other side .01%. Other times there’s five sides, or a thousand sides. The “there’s two sides” proposition like it’s a 50/50 split on every issue is nonsense.

— Begin quote from “BeautifullyBroken”

There’s two sides to every story

— End quote

BB – thinking chronic Lyme disease is “another side” is like giving people at the Flat Earth Society equal weighting when discussing the physical geography of the planet. But hey, they’re obviously out there and would probably argue their case just as vigorously as the people from planet Lyme do on Facebook.

So now we are from another planet? I take a lot of offense to that Scott. Just because you don’t believe in chronic Lyme disease does not mean it exists. Everyone is entitled to what their own opinion, I’ve always said that! I feel as though you are belittling the Lyme community with comments like that. We are sick and just want to be well again!

lisa do u think u have just lyme or do u think u have mav and lyme together?

It would be nice to hear from a biochemist who has Lyme disease.

BB, I am also relaying a message from LOV*E: She got involved in the Lyme discussion with the backing of a comment made by Scott that you would feel better right away when you start taking an anti-biotic. She says that was wrong. You can feel better in one way as the medicine starts to attack the bacteria, but feel bad in another way - an adjustment sort of phase.

She says she is happy you are doing well with your plan of action and approaching your treatment with independent thinking.
Stay Well,

S Light

BB is approaching this with illogical thinking. Review the history here and you don’t need a degree in rocket science to work out that treating it as Lyme disease is nothing short of crazy. When did LOVE suddenly become a Lyme expert?

Does anyone on this forum know anyone that got better with IV long term treatment for Lyme? It seems so many people expressed that they had lyme but there hasn’t been any follow-up. I think if we had someone that could give us some news one way or the other that could clear things up a bit. And we could ask questions. I know MAVlisa was a big lyme proponent and getting treated but I haven’t seen any posts from her giving us a chance to understand how lyme is treated with antibiotics.

I have to chime in here about antibiotics. My md just sent my blood for a lyme test and it came back with one positive Igg band. However, my big bang 2 yrs ago was followed by weeks of doxycycline for a supposed ear infection, and my big bang was after a recent operation where I was given IV and extremely high dosages of Cipro for more than a month, and days after extensive dental work. I know that the antibiotics led to getting continuous vertigo – I became progressively weaker and weaker until the big bang. My digestion was already destroyed and I think that’s a pretty obvious cause of developing further complications, to say the least.

If there is a cause, I really think it’s obvious that the antibiotics were a huge factor in my case.

billiamjames.com/tag/cipro/

patient.co.uk/forums/discuss … ing–40337