Dairy lover - is it causing probelms?

I love dairy. Have milk on my cereal, yoghurt, cheese and always have a big glass of milk before bed. I am wondering whether this love of dairy is contributing to my dizzies and headaches/migraines. I have tried every diet under the sun to rid myself of MAV without any luck. Gluten diet just left me starving and therefore dizzier. I have been on a restrictive MAV diet for 12 months now. Have not seen any improvements and am finding it so difficult to pinpoint my triggers when I feel like hell every day. Only food triggers I have established is MSG, chocolate,coffee and anything with high salt content. Do you think it’s worth eliminating dairy as well?

By the way, I am still suffering the after effects of stopping nori last week. Dizzies through the roof. Taking forever to get back to my baseline “normal dizzies”. After reading so many positive comments about Dr Granot I have made an appt to see him. Flying from Melbourne to Sydney might take it’s toll (dizzy-wise) but I think it’ll be worth the trip. Praying he might be able to help me???

It may be worth cutting out most cheeses - I think this is due to the high tyramine in them. Safe cheeses would be American cheese, cream cheese, cottage cheese and ricotta cheese. I think milk, butter and yogurt are okay and do not bother most people.

If you want to know for sure, just cut out the dairy for a few weeks and see if it makes any difference. I know it is so hard to tell when you have symptoms all the time. In that case, I just go by what bothers the majority of people!

Julie

I have found out that eating too much cheddar, mozzerella or fresh parmesan/romano cheeses really makes me dizzy the next day. I do fine with cottage cheese and american. I also didn’t feel great with milk, but I’m not completely certain that is a trigger. I would try eliminating dairy products for a few weeks and see how you do. good luck!

Thanks! I will give it a go. Nothing to lose at this point.

Mimilink, I’ve been eating fresh mozzarella since I start5ed the diet, and have seen no ill side effects. I try not to eat as much of it as I might like simply because I try to keep my saturated-fat intake moderate. But yeah, American cheese a.k.a. cheesoid, cottage cheese, ricotta, cream cheese/neuchatel, none seem to have triggered MAV symptoms. I’ve been very cautious about stretching in the direction of yogurts or sour cream or buttermilk and kinda think I have higher priorities for trying-out, fond of them as I am.