Common Anxiety Panic Symptoms

I understand Sharon. I’m very med sensitive too. I’m on a beta blocker but that’s for a heart problem and my doctor said without it, my head would probably be even worse. My neurologist said baby doses of Periactin and sometimes small (100 mg a day) of Neurontin can help some. I’m terrified to try the Neurontin. The Periactin didn’t really work for me but I still have to try it again. I have taken Meclizine for dizziness before (when the dizziness and vertigo is that bad, that is when I’ll tell the ER to give me whatever they want just make it stop) and my doctor said the Periactin is also an antihistamine. They use it for children for allergies and headaches. My daughter started on it at age 8 and she’s fine on it and it helps her migraines immensely!

One thing I do know regarding the meds is that your symptoms may get worse for about 6 weeks, peak, and then improve after that. If you can tolerate it at all, it’s suggested to stay on each one for 8 weeks to see if it’ll help.

I’ve also been through all the doctors, all the tests, all saying you’re fine, you’re fine and it took a lot of doctors to find one that understands my attacks.

I recommend 2 books that might help explain things and maybe show if yours is caused by migraines. The first is called “The Migraine Brain” by Carolyn Bernstein. She’s actually my doctor in Boston. The second is called “Heal your Headache”. There might be some information in there that might help you.

(NB from admin: this image links to a product this member has found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. More recommended products here. Thanks for your support!)

“Heal Your Headache” “The Migraine Brain”
More recommended books here