Chest pains. Verapamil?

Hi everyone!!

I have been experiencing some chest pains on the left side of my chest. It is sort of like a tightness. I’ve had these years ago and cardiologists found nothing but a healthy heart. I started verapamil on 4/09 and it started within a few days. It’s very sporadic, but the past couple days, I have been feeling very bad. I’m pretty sure I’m feeling bad due to my menstrual cycle as the dizziness always gets really bad during that time. But the chest pain is scaring me. I’m calling my dr Tommorrow but the question for you all is, do you think it’s the verapamil?

Two weeks before that, I started Effexor and was already feeling significant improvements. Was already doing several things like hiking, cooking, playing with my son etc. than I started the verapamil and didn’t notice much change but the past 3 days have on and off chest pains. One night, the pain went up my neck for a few minutes. Very strange feeling.

Anyway, I’m wondering if I’m feeling this bad because of my cycle or if it can be the verapamil? I am getting so down again and so tired of this battle. But now I have fear to add to the list.

Any help or advice would be so helpful.

Thanks.

I think both Verapamil and Effexor can have chest pain as potential side effects. It could be that the combination is making things worse. You should definitely check with your doc asap.

Thank you, Erika. I did leave a message with my doctor. I think it’s the combo because the Effexor alone was not doing that. I am just so tired of feeling really sick every day. I got a glimpse of what it feels like to feel good and now I’m back to feeling horrible. Just sooo frustrating.

Thanks again!!