Hi all, I may have brought this up before, but does anyone else have feelings these symtpoms? I’ve had them for about 2 years now and I really gotta do something about it, its just not going away.
- Someone standing on your chest, feels like it might be difficult to breath but its not (no actual restriction)
- lidocane feeling (numb) in throat/chest
- lump in throat most of the time
- throat muscle spasms
- frequent urge to clear the throat
- minor wheezing (like mild ashma, but hardly any mucus at all)
- reduced sharpness in excitement response (maybe noradrenaline or adrenaline?)
And does the sensation usually reduce significantly with exercise? Can this really be migraine stuff?
It’s such a ridiculously uncomfortable symptom, I can’t make any sense of it! I try to accept it everyday but sometimes its just too much. My heart was checked out by a cardiologist about a year ago - ultra sound and everything looks totally healthy. My blood work is all good. I can exercise pretty vigorously although I don’t dare do any high intensity stuff these days.
An ENT put a camera down my noise/throat and saw a bit of irritation and said it was probably “silent reflux” and wants me on a proton pump inhibitor but I really don’t want to get on that drug… But if it really is reflux I need to do something about it because that is a real risk for esophageal cancer long term. Can’t imagine why it would make my chest feel numb though or why exercise would make it feel better (should make more reflux)…
I’m going with migraine because it follows my MAV symptoms a bit, and it has gotten less over the last couple years as my MAV has got better. Anyone else got these symptoms? Should I bother seeing a pulmonologist?