Changes in consciousness

Hi Jenny,

See below for Sacks’ website. It doesn’t actually have a lot of info about migraines in it (sorry for the bum steer!) but I’ve included a link to an article as well.

Sacks is a neurologist and psychiatrist and also suffers from migraine (classic with aura) so can see the condition from both sides. I haven’t seen anything written by him on MAV specifically, however, in his book “Migraine” he describes vertigo as one of the manifestations of aura. I bought his book years ago, pre MAV, when I just had classsical migraines (with scintillating scotoma and without headache). The book is in the usual Sacks style, ie readable and interesting. The final chapters are on treatments but as I say, for “regular” migraines rather than MAV. If not available in book shops I understand it can be ordered via Amazon below or similar.

(NB from admin: this image links to a product this member has found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. More recommended products here. Thanks for your support!)

oliversacks.com/about.htm

migraine.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/13/patterns/

Cheers
Victoria