So it turns out that I have had chronic carbon monoxide poisoning for the past year… The symptoms are basically the same as for migraine associated vertigo, and it even responds to migraine treatments. Mostly I am happy I found this out, and only slightly annoyed I didn’t discover it earlier.
My car had a leaking front and rear muffler, not to mention an oil leak into the petrol tank, which meant it was forming a very toxic cloud. I was driving it around almost every day, and the more tired I became, the more I would drive my car instead of catching the bus. I already feel a lot better after not driving my car for three days, and hoping the symptoms will eventually go away completely.
If you feel it might be possible you are getting carbon monoxide poisoning from a car, or from leaking gas appliances, don’t take it lightly!