Anyone tried moringa?

Hi @Scottl - Moringa question asked! I specifically asked if it were a migraine trigger.

Regarding butterbur - I started taking it in late January. Nutraceuticals can take up to three months to really kick in so I don’t think I can give you an answer you want to hear (ie: it’s amazing! my headaches & dizziness went away within seconds!). And, to be perfectly candid, I suffer from severe intractable classical and vestibular migraines so nothing really helps me right now because they’re kind of spiraling out of control (womp womp…). I do know that Butterbur is ok to take with Topamax (unsure if it’s ok to take with Nort).

I know you’re having a really tough run of it (really I can sympathize!), so here are some fast-acting tricks of the trade I’ve taken up:

• peppermint oil (helps with nausea)
  • eucalyptus oil (helps with headaches, dizziness & fatigue)
  • heat and steam, ie: hot shower (helps with ear popping)
  • exercise (helps with headache pain)
  • ginger capsules (helps with nausea)
  • ginger-turmeric tea (helps with nausea)

I make migraine emergency kits for each of my bags and keep the following within them:

• peppermint oil
  • eucalyptus oil
  • imitrex
  • aleve
  • headache balm
  • extra dark sunglasses
  • cannabis ginger snaps (takes care of nausea & headache pain in one bite! - my doctors treat my headache pain with cannabis rather than strong painkillers bc it’s easier on stomach)
  • homemade granola (it’s important to not go hungry as that can trigger a migraine)

I can’t stress how much peppermint oil has helped me. It honestly keeps me from throwing up in the gym, on the subway, on the street, in crafting classes…

(NB from admin: these images link to products members have found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!)

In Capsules Just Oil
More recommended supplements here.

If you haven’t adopted the migraine diet yet, try to do so as soon as you can. Migraine triggers are nasty beasts and diet is one of the triggers that you can control. Have you downloaded the Migraine Buddy app yet? It’s super useful because you can customize your triggers & symptoms, plus it provides you a glorious chart to give your neurologist when you meet with them. Another helpful app is Migraine Checked, which tells you whether or not a food product is a migraine trigger or not (so useful!!!).