Anyone finding the balance and dizziness generally improving

ā€¦ (with occasional ups and downs) ā€¦ but the tinnitus getting worse?!

The tinnitus is driving me CRAZY every few hours!

Ugh

/Rant over

(sure I know the key to dealing with it is to find meaningful distraction but sometimes it gets ridiculous!)

James

Hi James,

I think I am improving overall, as I do not feel off balance or dizzy 24/7 anymore. I can sleep in any position too. Yay!

But the annoying bit now is soon as I do too much symptoms come back, like the head pressure. I managed to induce a major nasty vertigo attack lasting several hours last month after really testing it by doing a whole load of very intense gardening all week long! Too much bending down! However I did not suffer any of the subsequent long lasting symptoms, thanks to the meds.

Still got tinnitus too, though sometimes it gets quieter and does tune down quite a bit when Iā€™m on my own at home, occasionally it completely goes. But itā€™s definitely exacerbated by noisier environments and then my hearing is muffled/reduced too.

Very pleased to hear you are doing better ā€¦ the hearing impact is just yuck and annoying. I hope you get to enjoy your gardening again, try one of these knee pads?

1 Like

I think you might be right, James - concentrating on doing something you enjoy does seem to quiet the tinnitusā€¦unfortunately your interests of singing and playing instruments kind make that sort of difficult! Maybe you need to find an ā€˜interimā€™ hobby!!!
Although my tinnutus is pretty much constant, perhaps it is not generally as bad as yours, as I can often ignore it, although it does fluctuate for reasons I cannot fathom!!!
Although I am mostly betterā€¦a drop in the barometer can still give me a spin and that nasty sick/just ā€˜offā€™ā€™ feeling :unamused:

Hey Beth, good to hear from you. Yes Iā€™ve got a few and actually hearing did get a little better recently so who knows what the future holds. Sorry to hear you are still getting the spins and feeling off - are you still on medication?

Thanks James. I know that Iā€™ve been scarce of lateā€¦and just knew that I shouldā€™nt claim to be better!!! As punishment for my self satisfaction - yesterday presented me with 2 mini earthquakes! Damn! In all honesty, I have been 99% better since around the end of April .Despite being literally terrified of unwanted consequences, I had a fabulous 10 day break at the end of May/beginning June, during which time I felt absolutely normal!! Trip included a 10 hour road trip each way in a strange car, a lot more driving around once there, coffee, wine, beer (although in moderation). I donā€™t know if it is significant that I went inland - to a higher altitude?
Once home, I returned to 99% good - just ā€˜awareā€™ of not being totally O.K. The last month has seen our temperatures doing those huge fluctuations again - and about 2 weeks ago I had a couple of mini earthquakes on one dayā€¦preceded (hindsight being 20/20 vision!!) by a couple of days of depressionā€¦which is unusual for me! This past week has also issued itā€™s warnings, I supposeā€¦upset tummy, agitation, stiff neck, cold soreā€¦maybe connected - maybe not? Something else I noticed and will try to do a little research onā€¦( Computers not all that friendy at presentā€¦) ā€¦I wear a copper bracelet which is normally shiney brightā€¦and from Tuesday it has gone dark and dull - almost tarnished. I have noticed these changes before, but never taken much noticeā€¦wondering now if it perhaps indicates some sort of chemical change in the body???
The ā€˜goodā€™(???_ thing about thee flare ups being isolated is that it gives a better chance to analyze what has happened/eaten/done in the preceding days. Unfortunately, I can identify nothing out of the ordinary except the changes in weather pressure!! SO! I have come to the conclusion (definition of a conclusion: ā€œthe place where you are tired of thinking!!ā€) that whatever caused my problems is something that is partially blocked or gets inflamed causing some sort of inability to drain/move freely. Maybe damage from the Meniereā€™s?? Maybe scar tissue from the surgery way back then???
Sorry, didā€™nt mean to hi-jack your post, James!:blush: Iā€™ve been meaning to put all this down for a whileā€¦You asked about meds - I have never been on ā€˜actualā€™ medsā€¦still continue with the supplements, but had stopped the feverfew ( as i really believe that the slight headaches I get are a result of the dizziness - not the other way aroundā€¦) However - re-started that yesterday - just in case! So far to-day, just that sort of heaviness behind they eyes, so hereā€™s hoping that with the weather forecast fairly stable for the rest of the w/end, things will settle down! Going to get on with some nice calming, all consuming glass work now!! :innocent:
I hope your hearing continues to improve and the tinnitus diminishes!!

Oh, np, hijack away Beth, its good to hear youā€™ve been having some really good days, but sorry to hear about the relapse. Goodness knows what might be causing that ā€¦ let us know if you become any wiser.

Yeah, hearing is getting slightly better, but the good news is for time being vertigo and dizziness are completely under control. Iā€™m still on Ami mind you ā€¦

1 Like

I am improving every day, thanks to AMI, magnesium, cefaly, transcranial magnetic stimulation, my doctor and God. This week i also fixed my eyes with a Lasik surgery. My brain didnĀ“t like the changes when i wore glasses. I hope it helps too. We all are going to get better, its a matter of time.

Regards,

Leandro.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: I am very happy to say that i am so much better