Any books urgent help please

Hi, can anyone help. Is there any books or other information advice for mav. I have read Healing Your Headache. Though this was ok, it’s mainly for migraine headaches and not for mav. Hope you can help as my mav is driving crazy.

Thanks

See the MAV Survival Guide.

The Migraine Brain - Carolyn Bernstein

(NB from admin: this image links to a product this member has found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. More recommended products here. Thanks for your support!)

“The Migraine Brain”
More recommended books here

I would like to recommend a book that isn’t oriented towards therapy, Migraine, by Oliver Sacks. It is superbly written and examines the migraine phenomenon broadly and sensitively. From the publisher’s description: “Dr. Oliver Sacks argues that migraine cannot be understood simply as an illness, but must be viewed as a complex condition with a unique role to play in each individual’s life.”

That book has been reassuring and helpful in understanding and coping with my condition. It has been seven years now since my episodes began. For me, dealing with the sadness caused by my diminished capacity and anxiety caused by never knowing how I’m going to feel has been important.

— Begin quote from “tumba”

I would like to recommend a book that isn’t oriented towards therapy,** Migraine**, by Oliver Sacks. It is superbly written and examines the migraine phenomenon broadly and sensitively. From the publisher’s description: “Dr. Oliver Sacks argues that migraine cannot be understood simply as an illness, but must be viewed as a complex condition with a unique role to play in each individual’s life.”

That book has been reassuring and helpful in understanding and coping with my condition. It has been seven years now since my episodes began. For me, dealing with the sadness caused by my diminished capacity and anxiety caused by never knowing how I’m going to feel has been important.

— End quote

I was going to recommend the same! Although written quite awhile ago, there are still elements that pertain today and it really is a fascinating read. I could especially relate to a lot of the lesser known auras described in the book.

Also, getting away from books for a moment, this site is a great resource: dizziness-and-balance.com/di … e/mav.html

Are you looking for any particular info or just a general overview?