Anxiety

Hi Richy,
in the past I have suffered quite badly with panic attacks, which lead to a generalised panic disorder and even started leading to agoraphobic type symptoms. I did attend a support group for this, and see a psychologist at some point. To be honest, they didn’t really offer any amazing tools. The support group was all about facing your fears, or panic attacks, or situations, etc. And the psychologist did try hypnosis at some point and point me in the direction of some bio-feedback software to help provide a focus for some meditative type exercises (actually some were quite fun, like ‘Journey to the Wild Divine’ - you might want to check it out). I have quite a few books, but I found the ‘work-books’ type quite hard work, and one of the best I found in the end was this. Claire Weekes just seemed to understand completely what anxiety was all about:

(NB from admin: these images link to products members have found helpful and at the same time help fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. More recommended products here. Thanks for your support!)

“Self-help for Your Nerves”
More recommended books here

But this was all pre-MAV. And what happened then was that gradually, over a long period of time, the overall adrenaline and stress levels fell, and the panic attacks stopped, and the anxiety fell away. But with the MAV, it’s somehow different. For a start, you can’t really control what’s happening easily, so it’s ‘in your face’ all the time, not allowing adrenaline or stress levels to fall. Plus, the anxiety that hits along with one of the MAV ‘attempted mini spin attacks’ is what I’ve heard someone else describe as physiological rather than psychological, if that makese sense? It’s like it originates from a different place - the neural pathways for anxiety and MAV seem to cross and you cannot control the anxiety in the same way…? Like this mvertigo article on MARD suggests: http://mvertigo.cloudapp.net/t/migraine-anxiety-related-dizziness-mard/451
Tony.