Amytriptyline

Hi guys i have been suffering from vertigo for 3 years, i have tried many things, I tried setraline for almost 2 years but I was feeling very tired without any energy, then I swapped to lexapro which it helped me a bit more, now I started Amytriptyline this is my second week 10 mg, I have a swaying sensation 24/7 any successful stories that I can heard to keep going, and when will the amytiotile kick in?

10mg is very low dose (although you should be feeling some positive effects). I needed 20mg. Some need more. It was a very helpful med for me, but don’t expect it to be a silver bullet either. Be sure to give it a good run at a proper dosage.

Don’t give up! My symptoms are now much reduced and I take no medication at all anymore.

1 Like

Hi !

I’m taking 25mg of Amitriptyline since April 2017. During the first month I increased the dose from 3mg to 25mg. The two first weeks were not good: I was very dizzy (more than without amitriptyline) and had lot of side effects (want to sleep a lot, dry mouth, …). And then the intensity of the dizziness has decreased.

It was not clear at the beginning but now I can say than amitriptyline is helping me a lot and the side effects are less present. I’m still dizzy but a lot less than before the med.

Take a look at this post, you can see clearly the benefit of ami on my symptoms:
https://www.mvertigo.org/t/symptom-cycle-new-member/14522

1 Like