Acupuncture for migraine

Guess what - it doesn’t work:

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/acupuncture-for-migraine/

Great find Vic and important for people to realise what the limitations of acupuncture are.

S

i can vouch for that… tried it last week and its done f*ck all!

But how about for this crazy LOUD Tinnitus ???

Oh, stick as pin in it.

I have a friend who gets severe, abdominal migraines. She gets relief from acupuncture; sometimes it’s the only thing that helps.

— Begin quote from “KathleenW”

I have a friend who gets severe, abdominal migraines. She gets relief from acupuncture; sometimes it’s the only thing that helps.

— End quote

If she feels better then that’s great and obviously the outcome she’s looking for. However the evidence (not anecdote) shows that any effect is placebo.

It did not work for me either.

I went to see my Dr. a few months back (Hain/Cherchi) and they recommended giving acupuncture a try. They said there was new research that has come out supporting the effectiveness of using acupuncture for migraine. I questions duration and frequency of services and he said unfortunately none of the studies went that far, but the results were promising. He said reasonably, going once or twice a week for about 4-6 weeks should yield some results if it is going to work for you. Might be worth a shot?!
Sarah

— Begin quote from “sasad”

I went to see my Dr. a few months back (Hain/Cherchi) and they recommended giving acupuncture a try. They said there was new research that has come out supporting the effectiveness of using acupuncture for migraine. I questions duration and frequency of services and he said unfortunately none of the studies went that far, but the results were promising. He said reasonably, going once or twice a week for about 4-6 weeks should yield some results if it is going to work for you. Might be worth a shot?!
Sarah

— End quote

Would love to know what that research is… Any idea on the details?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20464605