50 Shades of Migraine

I have or have had about 98% of these.

www.migrainedisorders.org

Better, direct link: https://migrainedisorders.org/news-and-updates/blog/50-shades-of-migraine

1 Like

I say that’s a pretty comprehensive list you found there. 98% very impressive. You win! I can only muster 80%, as yet. Face and Mouth been good so far. Helen

Ah, another contest I win by losing!!

Perhaps I shall perform my MAV interpretive dance that involves quite a bit of spinning (but not much observable motion) followed by leaning against the counter a while. It’s riveting, I must say.

3 Likes

I’m going to go with 90%-96% of this I’ve also had unfortunately; never the burning tongue/mouth thing.
I just realized, we’re super human—
Detecting awful smells that others do not (phantosmia) or sensitivity to smells (osmophobia)–
I currently live in an apartment with a terrible neighbor who smokes like a chimney In their apartment (cigs and pot) and it comes through the vents. No one else picks up on the keen smells unless it’s entirely strong, but I can pick up on it when it’s just slight.
We’re super human! I bet our condition in the olden days helped a lot for hunting and sharpened keen senses.

2 Likes

Angela Stanton thinks it kept the tribe from getting eaten by lions.

1 Like

Volunteers willing to prove it next time they go to the zoo could, I suspect, be bit difficult to find maybe? Helen

Ah, me too. That’s what it’s called is it. Phantosmia. That’s caused quite a few ‘heated discussions’ in our house. And I could smell Himself polishing his walking boots downstairs in the utility room from upstairs in the bathroom. Opposite ends of the house. Helen

1 Like

Crikey - lots here that I can lay claim too as well!. There is a certain satisfaction reading the list and thinking yes that’s me! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Jan

That’s why I posted it. I printed it out and highlighted the bits that describe me. Now I’m going to give it to every physician I see.

2 Likes