Young with MAV

Ativan knocks me out lol so I don’t take it at all. I just take the Topamax verapamil and magnesium everyday

Mm i have heard topamax can make your migraines worse if you stop taking it. but since you said you dont have them id give it a shot. & Yeah i used to get that alot before i was recommended to use a mobility device. Its made my life like 10x easier. Sometimes i use a wheelchair too when my cane does not cut it. People dont assume im okay all the time and ask me to do things that hurt me so thats also a plus.

I raced motocross for years, was a really good rider. I can still ride, just never feel like it. Yes it sucks because everyone thinks your fine because you look fine but really your sick. My bp is all over the place yes. But when I am calm and resting it’s normal. Did you have any memory problems with topomax and did it help at all ?

My blood pressure is usually normal. i think its interesting here how everyone has different symptoms.

The ativan def makes me sleepy, but I can still do things. I only have a half of a .5 mg pill.

Just started the nortriptyline. It’s supposed to be a good one for mav.

I wanted to take ideral, but my resting heart rate is too low.

Mine started after a cold, has anyone else here had that?

Sorry to hear yours is that bad. Topamax took me about 4-5months to somewhat work I feel verapamil has helped me wayyy more. Ya my systolic is 145 never ever used to be that 145/60 roughly is really depends though. All of this has given me anxiety which is another problem but I’ve got that beat now.

Mine was a combo of things. I was bulking to fast working out wayyy to hard. Stressing on projects and drinking with friends a lot. And to top it off my job at the time was during a heat wave and I was indoors with smelly oil and coolant and metal

No. no memory problems. I got heart burn from Topamax. But other than that, that’s all I can think of. But when I do get a cold my systoms change forsure

Its okay, its gotten better. I used to just use a wheelchair when i first started experiencing symptoms. most days i couldnt walk at all. Nowadays sometimes i walk by myself No devices. Its kinda like walking on a tightline more than the room spinning & nystagmus that was mentioned.

how do they change? Like intensify? Haha im literally scared to death of getting a cold.

It’s hard to explain it’s like a sinus headache with dizziness lol. Just feels different.

I’m not a headache person or migraine person which is weird the last time I had a migraine besides all this stuff happening to me was in 2013 getting out of the ocean. Bc of the water temperature very cold. And the last time I had a headache was when this all started the big boom and I’ve felt like this ever since

That is interesting. And you are dizzy 24/7 as well? I always thought that since the vertigo was a symptom of migraine that migaines would be something that happened often in everyone.

Like i mean i know vertigo can happen independently but i always thought if someone had few kigraines they wouldnt have alot of vertigo either.

No more riding.

I am dizzy pretty much 24/7. Well at night when I lay down or sleep I feel little better. I maybe get a actual headache once a month.

I guess headaches an stuff run in my family my brother and sister always get them my brother pretty frequently. But. I used to get car sick a lot as a kid as did my dad even as an adult I had to ride in the front a trip to k1 speed a go Karting place my dad was pale white and had to vomit. And I’ve read that car sickness and mav are related but who knows. Nice bike I have a crf 250 and a cbr 600

I’m the only one in my family that has this though. Family members have migraines but not like this

Yeah I noticed when I was little I would always get car sick and could not really tolerate spinny rides at amusement parks. None of my family has headaches or dizzyness. I had a grandfather who had bad migraines but that’s it.

I think I am going to go on a real healthy diet and really push the exercise and see if that will help more. So far the pills are not helping much.

For me it’s weird because when I get like a cold or some other illness it seems like the dizzyness goes away some during those times, like my brain kind of zones it out and concentrates on the cold, sickness ect.