What dose of gabapentin (if any) worked for you?

Hey all,

I am curious whether anyone has experience with gabapentin and found a dose that worked for them - I guess which dose you take 3x per day since the drug wears off every 8 hours?

I took my first 100mg pill last night and again one this morning - so far so good it seems - I guess I’ll find out when I go to work this morning!

Not sure how many people have tried this drug, but I would love to know if anyone found relief from MAV with gabapentin on its own rather than in combo with anything else.

I can’t take nortriptyline at a dose that might help me because of cardiac issues for me on it.

Thank you,
Liv

Hi Liv,

I just found this old post. I too am curious about other people’s diosages of gabapentin. It is all my neuro wants me to take, other than magnesium and vitamin B.

I take 200 mg of gabapentin 4 times a day most days. Occasionally I can do without one of the mid-day doses. On a really bad day I add an additional dose.

I am functioning, which is my neuro’s goal, but not very well, which is mine!

I hope you are doing well.

Pat

Hi Pat,

I’m doing alright- getting married in the spring and mostly recovered except for those times when I have to be under super intense lights at conferences. I am living a normal life again. I am not on meds right now. I used to take 100-200mg 3x a day of gabapentin which was all I could handle without getting woozy. It did seem to help. I also liked that it cut social anxiety down a lot! But I am trying to stay off meds. I take GAIA st Johns wort 3x a day which helps with light sensitivity and migraines and excedrin stops my migraines if they come. I also take 2 magnesium glcyinate capsules each morning (KAL brand). Feverfew from GNC also helped me for a time but I am trying to not use it in case I want to start a family after getting married as it’s contraindicated for pregnancy. COQ10 and B2 also helped me. But I just don’t remember to take everything every day.

Hope you start to feel all better soon. I am 90% most days. I do not drink alcohol anymore and drink no more than 1 cup coffee. Stay away from MSG and artificial stuff.

Liv xx

2 Likes