What are Topomax side effects?

Hi. Thought I was doing better on Topomax. Now, I wonder if this is still MV or side effects. When do I give up and try something else? I have an awful time increasing my dose! How much is good enough? I worry about making everything way worse. Advice please!!!

For mav they say try 25-50 mg for at least 3 months.

Thanks for your reply!

How much are you taking ?

I was prescribed 100mg to be taken at bedtime about a year ago. This made me faint so I gave up. 3 months ago I started again at 3 mg at bedtime and am now up to about 20 mg, again, once a day at bed. I seem to have either a lot of side effects or just MV still. Should I brave it out and increase my dose, in your opinion? Does this tend to happen at the lower doses?
Thanks

If you were up to 100mg before for mav and it didn’t help, then maybe try another drug?

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. What you say makes complete sense . I wonder if increasing slowly could make a difference?

Slowly is always good. But did it help last time? And how long were you on 100mg?

Greg,
I was on it about for a week, a year ago. I kept passing out so I quit the Topomax.Then I found this forum. Reading other people’s experiences had given me some cautious optimism. I decided to give it a try again. Very slowly. I wonder if I will ever get relief. May I ask? Have you tried Topomax? Do you live in Canada. Here in Canada the wait for. Neurologist is so long and my family doc refuses to help me out. Have you tried any other treatment?