Things doctors have said that have been really helpful

OK time to be positive. It doesn’t take much to give us hope. I’ll kick off:

“I believe this is something that will improve with time”

“Many of my patients eventually lose the tinnitus”. (Internally jumped for joy on this one! :slight_smile: )

“Don’t give up” (as in: there IS hope it just takes time!)

NB I will edit this to keep it on message: positive quotes only and try to keep it relevant to all, not overly personal

3 Likes

Dr S told me that to “do the diet, do the lifestyle and take the meds. It’s like putting a plaster on the brain and eventually the body will heal itself”. I saw him after 2 years of this and I try and hang on to his words of hope. It’s definitely not easy though!!!

5 Likes

Dr Surenthiran said if I keep it suppressed for long enough with medication it is possible to get rid of the monster for good. I live in hope!

1 Like

One more:

Me: “Does it eventually go?”

Dr.: “oooohhh yesssss, it burns out … can’t tell you if that will be in 6 months or in 6 years time but it will definitely go”

Me: /do a little dance :man_dancing::tada:

NB I have Secondary Hydrops but I believe this is the same as MAV for some cases (I was diagnosed with MAV initially). Besides, we have a few Hydrops sufferers on here too, you’re welcome :smiley:

I saw Dr Priesol at Mass Eye & Ear, this is what he told me when I first met him:

“I’ve treated astronauts that have had this condition and have gone back into space. 90% of people make a full recovery with time and the 10% that don’t usually have bilateral issues that are very rare”

6 Likes

Brent, thanks for that one!

Here is mine.

This condition won’t kill ya, go out there and do whatever you were doing before this thing happend.

I have treated over 3.000 patients and there was only 6 that i wasn’t able to treat.

3 Likes

From another recent Topic:

1 Like

love this topic:
my doctor said: take the meds, sleep, change diet and you will start feeling less rocky, less anxious and more in control. Then she did some basic neuro testing/ balance and said: you are perfect. Dont work to much and enjoy life. :slight_smile: I am in fact feeling a little less rocky and little less anxious (thanks effexor)

1 Like

NB I will edit this to keep it on message: positive quotes only and try to keep them pithy, relevant to as many people as possible, not overly personal

I’ve moved less positive or off-Topic posts here: Discussion about what doctors say

“As long as you are still breathing, there is more that is right with you than wrong with you”

3 Likes