There might be hope :-)

I guess you won’t know unless you try… maybe it will work for you …but I understand your fear!

Hope you had fun shopping - and did’nt get too dizzy!

thank you mazzy I can honestly say it wasn’t fun at all everything was so bright and surreal its put me off abit but I have to go shopping to be able to feed my son, this relapse is wearing abit thin with me right now, I wish we could punch MAV right on the end of its nose :grinning:

Yea, would’nt that be a great feeling - a nice big squish right in the snoz!!
Have you tried wearing (good quality) sunglasses? I wear polaroids whenever I’m out of the house, - driving and sometimes even in shops! I find some supermarkets’ lights are worse than others! I get the occasional strange glance…but (especially at my age!) what do I care!? It’s more comfortable for me - and that’s what counts!!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I agree with you, I wear my reactalight lenses all of the time and am often surprised by how the colour changes when in the supermarket. They really do help me.

1 Like

Hey guys I think mine sometimes fluctuates if I think I’m cured and overdo it and go back to my old ways. For instance, I have been feeling so good lately on CoQ10 and magnesium that I had a chianti glass of wine last night, an avocado, and some dark chocolate all of which combines to a heck of a lot of tyramine, which increases head pressure, and then makes me feel much more anxious and wobbly the next day. I have to quit caffeine and alcohol although I’m afraid- permanently too. Mormons might be on to something there… :slight_smile: Feel better…Check out Dr Weil’s website about migraines. My go-to supplement are CoQ10, magnesium, feverfew or St Johns Wort but SJW makes me more anxious whereas feverfew calms me down. SJW acts as an antidepressant though even though it makes me sort of anxious- it acts similarly to Zoloft on MAV- I think. So dont combine it with antidepressants. xx

hi liv85 have you quit caffeine? im pleased to hear you have some wine now and then, I got this 5years ago and then went into remission for a good two years with no symptoms and I drank wine most days and went on boozy holidays etc! how do you feel now? x

That’s great to hear you went into remission! I had been doing so well until maybe last week when I was getting overly stressed out- I have had way too much on my plate lately. I work full time and have been planning a wedding at the same time. I have really cut down on caffeine. If I have any, it’s just 1 cappuccino or espresso a day- no tea aside from decaf. If I don’t have any caffeine at all it seems to help- including avoidance of chocolate. But what helps me more is limiting tyramine foods in a day. I have to keep on task with taking the supplements too. When you feel better, it’s amazing how quickly you can revert to old habits. What are you taking now to feel better, or are you still looking for the right combo of things? xx

thanks for your reply liv85 sorry to hear your not feeling to great sounds like your very busy at the moment that could be why your not doing so well,hope you feel better soon sounds like your on the right track :slight_smile: last time I got better I was on 50mg of nortriptyline and 120mg of propranolol and no caffeine but I had everything else ie takeaways,alcohol etc but then I got better and came of my medication for 2yrs and now its back so im back on my medication but only on 37.5mg of nort and 100mg of propranolol but im slowly going back up and this time ive done the full migraine diet (we will see how long that lasts hahaha) im also taking 400mg of magnesium and coQ10 and vitamin b complex im hoping for a shortish relapse :joy:

ive wrote this on this posting so I don’t have to keep doing new ones :slight_smile: well the last two days I can say ive been functioning at about 80% and everytime my eyes jump or I get a mini spin I just swear at it (oh piss off) its really helped with the anxiety and now my anxiety has calmed down im able to leave the house and do things :+1: ive been to the supermarket ive walked around my little town centre, been to help my elderly old lady friend to the post office,been on a bus and got my nails done, so im now hoping im digging my way out of this hell hole once again :slight_smile: I will keep my fingers crossed for us all xxxx

2 Likes

I am so glad that you are trying the whole diet. Those are triggers that you can control so it is silly not to try eliminating the bad foods… I also had to remove a few other foods that are high in histamine because I found that they aggravate my bad ear (more ear fullness and tinnitus): wheat spinach, tomatoes and all berries. It helped me to keep a small daily journal (pen and paper) I write down any “bad” foods I eat (like a small square of chocolate or 1 ounce of cheese, etc) and any symptoms (like “light ear fullness” or “severe tinnitus” or “throat drip”, etc.). I also write down when a storm has come in. This is how I realized that change in barometric pressure really affects me. I never have alcohol or real coffee or chemically treated decaf. But I have found that a very small amount of some of the foods does not cause a problem. Tomatoes, spinach and berries everyday (histamine foods) is a greater aggravator. I eat very small amounts of wheat, one slice of tomato but never tomato paste, one or two spinach leaves and blueberries once a week. Small amounts, rotated. From the tyramine list I may have 1/4 of an orange or 1 tablespoon of fresh avocado, but not everyday. It works for me. It also really helps me to reduce head motion and eye movements (Vertigo Tales and Tastes: S G Blog Post: EYES AS TRIGGERS). There is a lot to consider but if we want to try and avoid medications, then it all becomes very important. And sometimes we just have to go on meds for a short course. Good luck to you. Try the journal. (vertigotalesandtastes.blogspot.com)

Hi Spinninggirl! I have been following your advice closely and appreciate your tips. I’ve recently given up dairy and gluten. It seems all my favorites show up under the histamine and tyramine list. What are your go to food favorites? Thank you!

Thanks Lee. Are you in need of ideas for GF snacks? of beverages? I have to say that I do not eat out much. I tend to cook at home so I can control ingredients. My biggest challenge (greatest sorrow) is trying to stay away from chocolate. But there are plenty of snacks available now and so many products that are GF.

Mellybob! That sounds so good!! I am happy to hear that you are able to do all those things. And I had to laugh about you swearing to the mini spins…I actually did that last night when I was trying to sleep and those stupid spins came…and it helped me too, so thank you for sharing this ;-).

Gah you’ve got them too! Dont worry, they seem to decrease over time. But it takes time.

Yes you have those mini spins too when laying in bed? I get them if I lay on both of my sides…most of the times when I just start falling asleep. Feels like the spins are constant there but controlled by my brain…but once I totally relax…BAM they are there

Imho there is something physical going on at your balance sense and mainly happens when lying down. Like I’ve posted before I think it’s something like air bubbles or due to a blockage clearing when you are horizontal.

I get a very obvious bubbling sensation for a few seconds when I get up in the morning although this has significantly reduced over time in parallel with a general improvement in my condition.

I wonder if we have air bubbles more harmlessly sitting in one or more of our semi-circular canals. Then when we lay down and rotate the air moves to a not so benign position at one of our balance senses.

The air bubbles then cause the hair cells to move abnormally causing the odd sensation.

The air bubbles may also be disturbing the pressure regulation process somehow

thank you agnes,im not quite feeling 80% at the min I feel about 60% as ive just done my first day back at work in 4 weeks so im tired and I still have to do dinner and get showered, im hoping work helps me get abit better to be honest but I feel rather deflated at the minute! how are you? are your meds helping at all yet?

How has work been Mellybob? I bet it is very tiring for you. Hope every day brings a little bit more energy and less symptoms!

Thanks for asking! I am still not doing that well. Although I did survive my period above expectations (did not have to be in the complete darkness, yiheah!)…so that gives a little bit of hope. I think the Effexor is giving me a hard time…I am still dizzy and my eyes go funky the whole time. Even the rocking in my head is coming back every now and then. Also big sleeping problems since starting Effexor and that is ofcourse not helping all the other things. But I am going to stick with the Effexor because it’s only been 3 weeks…I just have to get thru these starting problems. Emailed with my GP and he gives me lots of opportunities in meds to get me sleep better, so that is very nice. I think I will try Valium this night and see what that will do. This too shall pass ;-)!

sorry to hear your still not feeling great it does take time and energy and a whole load of positive energy to get you through the worst, have you tried nortriptyline? I really hope you start to improve soon! im off work today as I only work 3 days a week but they are very long days and we get no lunch breaks it was very tiring and I just burst into tears after an hour of being home I think it was a mixture of emotions, I will keep plodding :slight_smile:

1 Like