Switching meds

Hello all,

Sorry for posting so much! I have a lot of questions that I’m seeking answers for!

I have recently tirated down from Ami and switched to Nori. About a week after being completly OFF ami and being ON Nori, I am feeling like I am back at square one. Which is a bummer because I was feeling good as I was making the switch. My question is, would I feel the difference from switching immediately or would it take some time? I figured that if my body didn’t like me coming off ami that it would tell me much more quickly than a week later. And also, does it take a while for the Nori effects to kick in or is it just not working for me?

Thanks in advance!

Just my ten cents but these drugs are from the same family so you should have minimal withdrawel issues.

Unfortunately the underlying condition can fluctuate sooooo much it doesn’t have to be the fault or impact of the medicine.

Hmm ok very interesting. Do you have any suggestions @turnitaround?

@turnitaround of next steps? I came off the ami because I felt it’s effectiveness was wearing off so gave Nori a shot. But about a week ok I feel like I’m back at square one which is crazy since I’ve been doing better recently. I would appreciate any insight. Thank you!

Camille your only options are:

1. Stick to Nori or return to Ami on the basis ‘back to square one’ is just a relapse even the meds can’t protect you from. Relapses happen. You always get over them.

2. Discuss with your doctor the option of trying some other meds.

Just be careful not to chase around medication too much just because the underlying condition is fluctuating. It’s a tough call though. Even though I had bad relapses at times, I always knew Ami was helping me until eventually I didn’t need her anymore.

@turnitaround how long would you relapses last?

From 2 days to 2 weeks usually. This has decreased over time.

Interesting. I will keep track of my days.

The condition may stabilise more over time but in the first year to year and a half I found relapses were quite wild so don’t judge the meds too harshly. They don’t save you from the bigger swings unfortunately.

Yea I think your right that I shouldn’t put too much weight on the meds but they do help. I’ve been struggling with this for a little over two years now.

Oh they certainly help!

Camille, we are here to support each other. So, please don’t be sorry.

Agreed! Hope you are feeling well! @gracyjoseph