Preparing for 1st neurologist visit?

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to prepare for my first neurologist visit? I haven’t been offically DX with anything yet. My ENT is convinced that I have some type of migraine disorder. My symptoms seem to fit MAV.

I was thinking about writing a timeline of my symptoms so I don’t forget anything. Should I bring up MAV? I still have a month to prepare but I’ve just been thinking about what I can do in the mean time.

Does anyone know what I can expect the first visit?

I’ve actually been doing quite well. I would say that on most days I’m 90-95%. Still dealing with palinopsia. Some days its not there at all but other days its quite pronounced. My visual snow has decreased a lot. I have only felt off balance occasionally in the last few days. I’ve been anxious about another vertigo attack since they seem to be brought on with my menstrual cycle. So far, so good this cycle. Its been 5 weeks since my last vertigo episode.

I’d appreciate any tips! Thanks!

Brush your teeth :slight_smile:

Oh, I will! I just had a deep cleaning yesterday. I’m not going thorough that again :wink:

1 Like

Timeline of your symptoms good plan but I wouldn’t read too much beforehand. Let them diagnose.

Another good idea is to make a list of questions or topics you want to cover as too easily the time can go in a flash

1 Like

thank you. That is exactly what I was wondering. I tend to get overwhelmed when I’m seeing a dr. It has taken me so long to get into this neurologist that I don’t want to waste a single minute.

Yes. Best of luck!

1 Like

hi carriep are you doing the migraine diet? it might be a good idea to quit caffeine as they may say that anyway, write a list of your symptoms in order of which they affect you the most and write down all questions you want to ask!

Not completely. I’ve been avoiding alcohol, aged cheeses, nitrates, and chocolate. I’ve cut down caffeine to just one small cup of half caff coffee to help me get through the morning.

it seems like its proberbly helping if your feeling 90% and that’s great,keep plodding im sure you will come out of this soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hey Carriep, here’s a post outlining how I cured my palinopsi: How I cured my Palinopsia - Success Stories & Positivity 🕊 - mvertigo.org vestibular disorders support forum