Positive fistula test?

To end on positive note: it may affect the good ear but doesn’t mean the good ear necessarily gets so ‘sick’. Also perhaps an uninjured window is designed to release pressure. An injured one does it too easily. Maybe patching blocks this important function

Agree that it’s good to take a long break from reading medical papers once in a while. It used to pique my anxiety. Nowadays it just gets me more depressed than anything.

At some point you have a bigger challenge convincing your Dr. what you think is going on. It is not easy to convince them.

I was diagnosed with B12 deficiency instead of migraines by my GP. I had to setup an appointment with my neurologist and tell her i strongly suspect migraines and she prescribed meds for the same. Sigh !

Also do you know if hydrops is a chronic thing or has episodes. I don’t think there is an attack followed by imbalance where we compensate. The imbalance is due to your ear sensing wrong signals, not sure if compensation is even the right word in this context.

My theory is the fluctuating part of Hydrops affects a proportion of your sense but not all of it. The complex remapping takes time. The fact that I’m not better but have been able to come off meds is testament to some compensation happening. And perhaps some healing too.