PMS and period is killing me!

Hi, I am new to the forums in the sense that I am just now posting. Has anyone ever had anything work in their favor around that time of the month? I research and research and never find anything. I’m 27 and have had an imbalance/ rocking in the head feeling 24/7 since I was 12 years old. It recently got worse about 3 months ago. I went to see an Ent and she told me I had mav. I’ve been on 10 mg of nort for 1 month and 2 or so weeks and I feel better on it except around my period. I’ve dealt with this for much of my life so I’ve learned to cope but now that it’s gotten worse I’ve been feeling slightly depressed and desperate to find answers. My Ent told me to take iron supplements 2 days before my period but it doesn’t seem to be helping, haven’t tried a diuretic yet but may in the future. Any info would be much appreciated!! Thanks,

Kimmy

You could try a low dose hormone pill, perhaps. And, there are some where you only have a period every three months. Some people have luck with this and some feel worse, I have read…just be aware of your body’s reaction, I guess is the solution. :? This is just a possible idea for you.

Thanks for replying, I think that is my next step. My older sister had aura without migraine for a little while and when she started taking the Mirena IUD it went away. I’m just going to try the mini pill and see what effect that has. Like anything it will probably take a while to really work, so I guess I’ll just have to be patient!

Hi you could also try evening primrose oil supplement, it has really helped me.

I’ve tried the mini pill and it seems to help! I’ll try the primrose too, thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile: