Okra? or Eggplant

I’ve been trying to follow a no-grains diet, and had good results until this week. I received a big bag of okra, with a few small eggplants and plum tomatoes thrown in. I made masses of a ratatouille with it all, and have been eating it for the last few days, with some tuna or other protein. And I have been feeling HORRIBLE. Dizziness off the charts, plus inflammatory response in the body, aches and stiffness everywhere, very loose bowels. Well, I guess I answered my own question when I wrote “inflammatory” because that’s what we want to avoid on the MAV diet. But has anyone else noticed anything about okra? Some people say it is good for inflammation, but it also contains solanine, which is the culprit in the nightshades family. Or maybe it was just the bits of eggplant and tomato, or the red pepper powder I threw on top. Anyhow, if anyone has any experience with okra, let me know :slight_smile:

I’m much better today, after having only cauliflower and eggs yesterday. Next time I get so bad, I’m looking at my diet AND fasting a bit the next day to clear it out.

Yeah, I LIKE baba ghanou-thingy, and eggplant parmesan, and so on, but I’ve reluctantly concluded I’d better stay away from it henceforth.
Tomatoes I handle okay.