Okay it's happening!

i’m getting on my first airplane in 8 months. Last time I took one in October, I felt like I was in that VNG machine. Awful. And now I have a major sinus infection!

The doctor recommended Sudafed but I worry about the nervousness. I’m super sensitive. Any other words of advice? Lots of benzos is my plan. Thanks for your advice and support! I carry this little community with me wherever I go. :kissing_heart:

I have no advice apart from enjoy! Have a great time. Personally I love flying, being up in the clouds, totally void of all responsibility and full of anticipation of what lies ahead. I ignore the ear trouble and suck sweets like a mad woman on take off and landing. Happy days.

1 Like

Great! It should make you feel much better about things!

Yep, defo Sudafed, 30 minutes before you land. Drink lots of water on the flight especially during take off and descent. I didn’t take anything other than the usual Ami, the dose timing of which I slightly modified to take account of the extra 8 hours (I took one pill instead of two, then another 8 hours later). I’m sure the drowsiness SE of that drug actually helps you reduce the jet lag. Speaking of which jet lag was no more of a problem than when I was fully fit.

The great thing about travel and holidays is there is LOTS of DISTRACTION which helps you focus on life rather than the horrid monster. I found despite symptoms on holiday I felt mentally much better.

I was quite surprised how little problem it was for me, even a long haul. Actually I believe the long time sitting up actually helps take pressure off the ear and lead to some healing because there was a big step change improvement in my condition by the time I returned to the UK. The only big issue was the tinnitus after the flights which was definitely worse but calmed down as it always does a couple of hours later.

Have a great time and try and focus on enjoying the experiences, brush the monster away vigorously!

These images link to products other members have found helpful and at the same time help fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!

GoodSense decongestant US Sudafed UK “Ear Planes”

I’d definitely take the Sudafed. It’s helped me while flying and even when it’s stormy out. I hope you have a great trip!

I am SO RELIEVED. I feel like I will have my life back. The flights went really really well. No dizziness. I took Afrin on the way there and nothing on the way back. Sucked on lozenges a lot. Mostly - I have been off the computer for so long that I’m much improved. Food still sets me off a bit but it’s this computer which does it. And I went up to 20mg of Amitriptyline. That’s working for me. YAY! Thanks for the support everybody. Much appreciated. - Shazam

1 Like

That is BRILLIANT NEWS!! You must be over the moon. Long may it last which I am sure it will now.