Need some reassurance!

hi guys, as some of you know im new to this site and ive posted a couple of times so some of you may know im going through a relapse (its my first relapse) and its absolutely destroying me, my friends and family just think im weird and very unsupportive at the min im in fear of living like this forever yet again,i know I got out of this hell hole before but what if this is really it? im really not coping well at all,any advice is much appreciated I feel like giving up!

mellybob, I relapsed from my initial imbalance episode and had a 5 month break, then got full on MAV which worsened for 8 months, then started to get better and i’ve trended better since then.

think of it possibly this way: a bit of the disruption was left sleeping, and now the rest of it will burn out over time and you will again feel better!

thank you its just im back at work on Monday and not sure how im going to deal with it,i keep getting nausea and im so unbalanced it makes me go hot like I have a temperature or something my vision has gone to pot,i feel so lost with it all,i hate this!

Don’t feel alone - we ALL hate feeling like you do at the moment! James has got it right, it will most likely burn itself out< you’ve just got to hang in there and beat the beast!
Being and ‘invisible’ affliction, the people around you just don’t understand - 'cos you look O.K.! Sorry that you’re not getting support at home - but we’re all here, and we understand!!!
Keep strong!

1 Like

We have all had numerous times when staying in bed with the covers pulled over our heads seemed like the only option so we understand. On a practical level do you have an occupational health department where you work? I hope you do because if you really cannot cope at work you need to speak to them. They will arrange for you to be assessed and will make changes to your working environment and work pattern that will help you. My department was very helpful and changed things for me. Little changes can make a huge difference. Please speak either to your occupational health department if you have one or directly to you line manager/boss as worrying about how you are going to cope won’t help the situation as we are all aware that stress is a major trigger for many of us. Please take heart that help will be available in some form, but you need to instigate it by talking to the people who can help you. I wish you all the best with this as I do appreciate how hard it can be, especially as we don’t look unwell no matter how poorly we feel.

1 Like

thank you all for the info I will most certainly be having a word with my manager and all I can do is be honest! I swear much of mine is anxiety im not saying im not dizzy or my vision isn’t f##ked up because it is but I just need to control my anxiety and I don’t know how, I live in fear grrrrrr!

I found with time and meds anxiety calms down.

if I woke up and vision wasn’t so crap I would feel less anxious im thinking of upping the nort but not sure if its too soon!

Try it. But then stick to that dose for a couple of weeks at least.

think I will thank you and hopefully tomorrow I wake up MAV free haha I can only hope!

Be patient. Takes time

1 Like