My brain feels loose

I know this sounds weird but the last couple of days as I have been walking around here and there it feels like my brain is bouncing around in my head, not the whole brain, only around my forehead and nose. This is something new for me and I don’t know how normal this is. Anyone else ever feel this way?

I feel that way after a classical migraine. I have so many sensations going on within my head during a dizzyspell that I can’t identify if I feel that way during or after a dizzy spell. My wife suffers from migraines and says the same thing about her brain feeling all jiggly the next day.

I just got home and had a question in mind for all you guys. I noticed someone had just posted the same question that I have about the “weird” brain sensation. I too, have been experiencing a “loose”, jiggly feeling in my head. Mine however, feels as if it is in the center of my head. I described it wrong to Dr. Hain. I described it as a vibrating sensation, when I think it is more of a jiggly sensation. He said it was not common, but it is heard of in some cases. What causes this annoying sensation? I have it quite often.

• Nance

vibrating - jiggly - okay, I’m having a hard time figuring out the difference between those two - lol!

Today I was very conscious of my brain moving all over and I think it is the same sensation I have when I get my mini-spins. I’m walking down the hall at work and when I take a step (not every step fortunately) the pressure from my foot hitting the floor makes my head feel like it is being jostled, which in turn feels like a mini-spin (lasts a second or less). My nose also feels stuffed up and it feels like my sinuses are stuffed up but neither are real bad. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it.

I’ll be darned if I know what this is all about Nance, but I would love to hear if anyone has any ideas.

1 Like

— Begin quote from “bookworm”

My nose also feels stuffed up and it feels like my sinuses are stuffed up but neither are real bad. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it.

— End quote

I don’t experience the jiggly/vibrating brain, but I do get the stuffy nose and sinuses feeling. This is a common migraine symptom. This symptom leads some to believe they have a sinus headache when in reality they are suffering from migraine.

Good luck holding your brains in place! :lol: (No offense - I know this all isn’t really funny, but I try to get a chuckle in here and there to keep my sanity!)

Marci

Bookworm…that is common with me all the time. My brain feels detached (like it’s not holding on to anything) in my head and is bobbing aroudn and that creates alot of the motion.

— Begin quote from “joseph0952”

Bookworm…that is common with me all the time. My brain feels detached (like it’s not holding on to anything) in my head and is bobbing aroudn and that creates alot of the motion.

— End quote

Joseph, that is what it feels like, just bobbing around with nothing to hold on to. And each time it moves it makes me feel like I am moving. :frowning:

bookworm,

So what helps best to keep you feeling more stationary? Is this feeling 24/7? Mine is.

Joe

— Begin quote from “joseph0952”

bookworm,
So what helps best to keep you feeling more stationary? Is this feeling 24/7? Mine is.
Joe

— End quote

Joe, I haven’t found anything yet to help. Today has been a fairly good day, for the most part my head has felt attached to the skull and I haven’t had a lot of motion sickness. I can’t figure out what I did right to have a good day anymore than I can figure out what I do wrong when I have bad days. I don’t want to get too excited about having a good day though, cause I’ve had them before and all it takes is one wrong turn of my head and I’m back to feeling terrible.

As far as 24/7 goes, my motion sick feeling is usually 24/7 but the loose brain comes and goes. I don’t have that every day.

I am having some similar experiences. The thing is I have no pain and no real dizziness either.
I only experience it when I am laying on my back and relaxing. It feels like my brain is shifting in my head. It will happen several times. The first time it happened I got scared because it was such a strange feeling.
I’m confused as to whether or not to mention it to my MD since I have no pain or dizziness associated with it.
Anybody else experience it like this? It does not happen with rapid movement of my head or jumping up and down. Only when I am relaxed and laying on my back.
I feel like such an alien…