Light sensitivity driving me mad!

Hey Pheenie,

thanks for chipping in - I feel like we have a sis thing going on, with the three of us now …lol…

I’m going to keep this short - about the acupuncture: I have tried two separate acupuncturists before I knew what was wrong with me and they were both disappointments (one of them made me sit in a detox foot bath massage chair and the pounding of my neck and shoulder on that day has left me with somatic tinnitus in my left ear that’s been there every day since April 2014 - but that’s another story).

Anyway, my dizziness was caused by physical therapy directly (I was having migraines at the time and didn’t know since they were not “classic” and my shoulders were tight all the time yadah yadah yadah, so the neurologist sent me for PT. After the first or second session, my dizziness began (episodic), then became chronic in Sept. of 2014).

I think my brain was already fried with the migraines and then the hard pushing on my neck caused spasming in my brain stem and/or some sort of vestibular nerve/structure of the ear and ever since, couldn’t come back to its senses, so to say - still being hypersensitive and in a vicious cycle. So my point is, b/c the neck played a role in messing me up, undoing that damage might possibly help. I think acupuncture can help “channel” the diverted things in the right direction, so to say. I found a Chinese Acupuncturist who works at a medical center as a physiatrist as well and is a certified physical therapist, so I am thinking of giving her a try for acupuncture. Since she is a physical therapist and a physiatry doctor as well, she might be able to better understand what goes into migraine with a vertigo component. I will make an appt. soon - I have to pay out of pocket 100% but if it helps, it’s worth it. I’m really keeping my hopes low, though. Just something to try.

Will keep you posted. I DID tell you this was going to be short (lol…), right? :wink:

Take care, ladies.

Asli.