Is this MAV? Clueless and need help

Thanks for your quick reply! It’s not very bad, meaning I can still function, it just takes more effort. Whenever it comes back, I’m always a bit down and my anxiety skyrockets. This probably doesn’t help and the symptoms flare up even more. This is when I take 0.25 of klonopin to calm my nerves as otherwise I’m too restless. I’ve read a few threads on the forum of people writing about their relapses so I’m feeling better that it’s not uncommon. I’m just wondering if I should try upping Topamax. I can’t go to see my doc as I’m out of the country. Maybe I should also take things easy and let my body and mind rest.

I’ll let others chime in for experiences on that med but my view was keep the dose relatively conservative to minimise side effects and make coming off the med (here’s hoping!) easier when the time came. Also with Amitriptyline there is a risk of not compensating if your dose is too high. In the meantime accept the worse days.

Agreed, once I try upping the dose, all sorts of side effects will kick in. I’ll be seeing my doc in around 2 weeks so will chat with him about the game plan. For now, trying to accept the rainy days. :wink:

Keeping pushing through … eventually you will be rewarded with another break in the clouds!

1 Like