Is Propranolol working?

After taking propranolol for 7 weeks now I have slowly increased it week by week and am now taking 160mg per day. I m now starting to feel better and today had my first day in 2 months of feeling ok all day. It is such a relief to be able to move my head without feeling awful and not to have a headache. ( I have been having migrane headaches every week) I am assuming the propranolol is starting to kick in. My neuologist wants me to have a scan to check that everything is ok. I am also taking feverfew tea , so it could be that helping also. Still got a kind of blocked ear aswell, which the neurologist said could be a red herring, although I have noticed that other people have had a similar feeling also? Really sympathise with people who have all these feelings for such a long time and I have struggled to cope with it just for two months. Lately I feel like I have been existing but not living! (sounds sad, I know!) But I have been unable to do “normal” things and have just been ill all the time and unable to plan anything because I dont know how I’ll feel. Hopefully my clear head will still be here tomorrow. x

Hi rachel,

Can you update us pls. what is your condition now regarding taking a propanolol?