I need some tlc!

On Friday I was having a wobbly day but like an idiot went for a walk with my dog without my stick. I must also have been experiencing an Alice in Wonderland moment because I totally misjudged the height of the curb which I have done before, but this time I flew forwards and landed with an almighty smack on my face on the pavement. I was taken to A&E and have fractured my cheek bone, possibly broken a rib, cut my eye which has been mended with super glue, ripped the skin off my hand, even with gloves on, and broke my glasses!!! Boo bxxxy hoo!!! I am going to see the maxillofacial facial people on Tuesday to see what they can do about the broken bone. I am not allowed to blow my nose or wash my hair or face for 5 long days. OK rant over.

Omgosh poor you!! That’s terrible luck after all you’ve been through. You couldnt make it up could you?! All the best with your treatment and healing. Ugh

It’s so easy to get a secondary condition. Mine was TMJ brought on by the ‘relaxation’ exercises I was taught where you have to clench and release each muscle group in turn. My jaw ended up going into spasm and it’s taken me months and months to get better.

Thank you James. What a stupid disease this is with all its off piste ramifications!!I wish I could go off piste and have a glass of something better than rooibos blooming tea!!!

2 Likes

Try Ginger & Liquorice! Spicey! :smiley:

In any case, you’ve had a rough turn, keep us posted on your healing progress, you poor thing!

OH, so sorry, Margaret!! Hope they can help with the damaged bones and ease the (additional!!) discomfort! It’s sooo easy to misjudge depth of field with this flippin’ …affliction! Even though I’m pretty ‘steady’ at the moment, I still find my depth perception is out.
As James says, - try spicing your rooibos up…a spot of ginger for warmth, chamomile for calming, …licorice or fennel …cinnamon for spice… or even a spot of vanilla. This is all presuming you can take these spices. (dose’nt quite replace a good shot of something stronger…but ya know…better than nothing :disappointed_relieved:)
Hope you heal soon! Sending good vibes.

Thank you both, will try them out today. It is SO lovely to know there are people who understand, it makes such a huge difference because most people don’t understand. Thank you for your support.

1 Like

Hope your day has been better than yesterday :slight_smile: Hope the appointment with the maxillofacial people has helped you feel better. Ow! you must be sore…on top of the rest! :disappointed_relieved:

Yes, just crazy, poor you Margaret!

Thank you, just back from maxillofacial clinic and all is well there as small fracture which has begun healing, so no surgery hooray! Have to go to eye clinic tomorrow as I still have double, blurred vision. With VM this usually comes and goes but this has been with me since the fall so they want to check my eyes. I have been very pleasantly surprised that when I have said vestibular migraine everyone seems to know what I am talking about. What a difference, as before I was met by blank uncomprehending looks. That bodes well for future patients. Thank you for remembering me, I really appreciate it.

Great news on all fronts! Now, here’s hoping for an improvement in the MAV!

Excellent news! Yes even UK GPs are getting more aware.

Oh, my! So sorry all this happened to you! I am praying you feel better soon. Sending gentle hugs to you, my friend.

Thank you dizzylady. I was allowed to wash my hair today so am feeling human again. They won’t let me drive yet so my poor beautiful daughter is ferrying me about for appointments. I appreciate your prayers and hugs, they are working, thank you.

2 Likes

I saw the eye people because I have had permanent blurry and double vision since my fall. Apparently I haven’t damaged my eyes, yippee, so they think it is all VM related because I thumped my head and the beast is unhappy!! If my eyes don’t go back to normal in 3 days they want to see me again. Here’s hoping the beast stops sulking!

1 Like

My bet is on a sulking beast! Hope it soon gets over itself and allows you to feel better. :rose:

Thank you mazzy, still sulking!!!

:disappointed:

Great, the sulking beast is asleep as far as my eyesight goes, so nice.

2 Likes

YAY!!! Keep it comfy so it stays that way!

I’LL try not to bang my head again!