Hi there

Hi. My name is Kim and I’m 36 yr old female in NY. I’ve been suffering with MDDS (presumed) for almost 5 months after my honeymoon. MRI was negative and I’m been going to VT for 2 months with no improvement. I was given valium for a few days but docs don’t want to keep me on it . I suffer from lupus, sjogrens, and have autoimmune hearing loss for about 7 yrs. Despite my other chronic illnesses ice never had vestibular issues to 5 months ago. It’s delibilating. I am bouncy, rocking all the time. My husband tries to understand but it is a hard condiution to describe. Just reaching out as these are some difficult days.

Sorry to hear this. Any ear trauma you can remember when this started ?

You can try one of the migraine medicines for symptom management. I am on Amitriptyline which I recommend. Propranolol, venlaflexine, Topomax and Verapamil are other recommended meds. You can pick one that helps your other conditions as well as balance related symptom management. There are many links to popular migraine meds from different docs shared in this forum.

MDDS I was told by my neuro resolves on its own. But I think there is no such thing as MDDS and it is another diagnosis for VM/MAV.